At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Lead Data Engineer role is to lead the team and provide recommendations on design structures and tools for systems that meet business needs while taking into account target environment, performance, security requirements and existing systems.
Accountabilities of the role:
- Perform code reviews to help deliver projects more efficiently and help reduce the risks (operational, project, etc.) associated with the main application and interfacing applications. Assist architecture in providing input into business strategy and technical design workshops to facilitate effective, adaptive, sharable and timely solutions.
- Be a bridge between the Development Team and the Architects, the Senior Tech lead will assume responsibility for continued solution alignment throughout the project lifecycle.
- At times you will need to work closely with testing services and help them deliver quality Testing services across various platforms to ensure a consistent and quality output.
- You will also be required to deliver program requirements. The major ones are delivering solutions and integration.
- Be an enabler for dev ops automation, play a lead role in gathering the technical requirements from the business, engage the vendor in defining and designing the solution and perform governance from design through to delivery
- Perform code and quality reviews, test cases review.
- Work with infrastructure, DBAs and offshore supplier team on the delivery of new and upgrade of existing application inhouse or cloud and work hand in hand with other tech leads to deliver on time and budget.
- Perform governance role on supplier produced artefacts such as detailed designs, functional specifications, non-functional requirements, estimates, current state documents, and IFS and make sure that all work is documented using required/defined standards, methods and tools, including prototyping where applicable.
Essential skills & Experience:
- Analysis and design experience on medium to complex ‘enterprise sized’ projects
- Systems integration experience and Technology industry experience, exposure to the Banking industry
- Development and deployment experience on more than one platform and exposure to multiple development methodologies
- Experience in Data Analytics and toolset (example Tableau)
- Experience in integrating with Application monitoring tools
- Experience in Rest API integration
- 2 + years of implementation of Open Pages Framework solutions is a definite plus
- Minimum of 5-10 years of overall related experience
- Experience in systems integration
- Experience in Cloud-based integration
- Experience in Object-Oriented languages Java, .Net framework, DevOps automation using tools such as Bit bucket, Jenkins, CARA, Chef
- Experience in Websphere, IBM HTTP Server, Apache, Oracle, SQL and DB2 database
- Experience in authentication/authorisation protocols and integration
- Experience in Setting up Proof of concepts
- Advanced knowledge of system analysis
- Advanced analysis, problem-solving and troubleshooting and consultative skills
- A firm understanding of financial services operating environment and core applications and products is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Review of Business Requirement document/Epics
- Technology solution architect document input and review/sign off.
- Input and driving Technology Estimation Process with Project Manager
- Input to Functional specification document (with Waterfall methodology) / JIRA stories (Agile)
- Input/author of detailed design where applicable
- Data Analysis and integration
- Input and review of Test documents
- Test team support
- Driving Stress Volume testing and support during this process
- Operational readiness and handover to support team
- Participation in Risk and security discussion and driving for fixes
- Implementation support
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.