At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Korean calling title: 차부장~실장
The Tier3 service acts as the first line of escalation for Tier2 and as a medium between all groups of support within IBM and customer’s security group in where the remediation action is needed. Tier3 analyst is responsible for:
- Conduct severity verification, triage and analysis on the escalated event.
- Assess the impact to systems and conduct remediation actions as per playbooks.
- Coordinate and engage with internal managers and server owners.
- Work with internal team to take further actions to equipment or network devices.
- Follow up with customer’s team about actions taken.
- Help with Runbook/playbooks process definitions.
- Help with internal processes improvements plan to avoid actions taken delays.
- Run root cause analysis when needed.
- Delegate customer requests.
- Document lessons learned and run reports about the analysis and work performed.
- Work on implementation proposals to improve monitoring to reduce FP and cover visibility gaps.
- Coordinate Pentest analysis and group work when needed.
[Required Professional and Technical Expertise]
- 3+ years of experience operating in a Security Operations Center Analyst or similar role
- Sound knowledge of SIEM technology
- Apply various techniques to identify and track cyber threats
- Fully analyze various data sources related to security events
- Proficient verbal and writing skills
- Experience with analyzing cyber intelligence L37
- Security + or equivalent certification
- IBM Certified Associate Analyst
[Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise]
- 4+ years of experience operating in a Security Operations Center Analyst or similar role
- GCIA or equivalent certification
- Bachelors in Cybersecurity or equivalent
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.