As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The Advisor Connect Technology group within Global Private Bank is looking for an application developer to become part of our global technology team. In this role, you will design, develop, code, test, debug and document programming applications to satisfy requirements. You will work closely with business analysts and other developers. You will research and evaluate alternative solutions and make recommendations. You will work closely with internal technical team(s) during the build and testing phases of the project as well as during the support of the production implementation.
- Review of epics and stories provided by business, product owners or business analysts and turning those into technical designs and development
- Utilize Agile methodology and adhere to coding standards, procedures and techniques while contributing to the technical code documentation
- Provide high quality technology solutions that address business needs developing applications within mature technology environments.
- Design, develop, code, test, debug and document code, build, deploy, and support app environments
- Review design and functional specification prepared by other team members
- Coordinate with end users during User Acceptance Testing
- Analyze and document problems, recommend solutions, and initiate corrective action.
- Support production rollouts of the functionality on-site by partnering closely with the Operate team
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5+ years of Software Development work experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Experience with SQL databases such as Oracle or Sybase
- Experience with Big Data platforms and NoSQL databases such as Cassandra and/or MongoDB
- Solid understanding of development tools: source code control software (e.g. subversion, git), build automation (e.g. Maven), continuous integration (e.g. Hudson/Jenkins), automated testing (e.g. cucumber, FitNesse), JIRA/Green Hopper task tracking
- Must have excellent analytical, management, technical and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated team player. Must possess the ability to research and resolve issues independently while working across teams to acquire needed information
- Ability to organize/manage multiple priorities and projects coupled with the flexibility to adapt to changes in a fast-paced environment
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.