As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The Treasury Services Technology group in EMEA / ASIAPAC develops and supports systems for the Treasury Services business. Overall the group supports more than 50 applications across various technology platforms.
The candidate is part of the Asia feature team within Global Payments Strategy organization responsible for implementing payments product capabilities and external clearing integration for a strategic payments application. Primary focus will be to support the migration of clearing flows to the target architecture and to implement new clearing capabilities so as to support business expansion and increased volumes.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- Experience in building/ designing high volume/ real time processing systems
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages
- Java/ J2EE (Tomcat / Struts 2 / JSP)
- Spring Framework / Hibernate
- RDBMS (Oracle)
- Unix / Shell scripting
- Gemfire Cache solution
- Cloud knowledge
- Understanding Business Requirements and Functional Specifications
- Understanding existing program logic
- Providing and/or agreeing estimates for required development
- Creation/ update of Detailed Design Specifications, Program Specifications, and program Version Control documentation
- Coding of new programs and changes to existing programs
- Get the code reviewed by leads and SME’s
- Creation of Unit Test Plans, and execution of Unit Tests
- Preparation and execution of Systems Test Plans and Scripts
- Providing technical support for Quality Assurance (QA) Testing
- Providing technical support for User Acceptance Testing
- Creation of Implementation/ Back out Plans and Support Handover Documents
- Providing technical support for Production Implementations, and post-implementation support during implementation warranty period
- Minimum 12 years' of experience with relevant hands-on development work
- Experience in working in Eclipse / Maven environments
- Demonstrate experience in using Junit for unit testing
- Hand’s on experience in fine tuning application response / performance testing
- Experience in Web Services
- Experience of Mule, MQ / JMS (message transfer process), Kafka
- Experience using version control tool GIT
- Understanding of banking risk and compliance policies
- Experience in code scanning tools like black duck and tools like Sonar etc
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Project, Word, Excel applications
- Experience of development of financial applications, including financial transaction processing, settlement, and accounting
- Familiarity with SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication) Message formats
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.