Office Location: One@Changi 1 Changi Business Park Central 1, One @ Changi City, Singapore, 486036
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The eCommunications Surveillance team is responsible for not only performing electronic communications surveillance across all LOB in JPMC but also retention requirement. It is a key function in the firm which helps ensure we comply with external regulator commitments in both Surveillance and eCommunications Retention. You would interact with our compliance users directly to clarity the requirement and demo prototypes to get feedback.
The data capturing scrum team builds and support the technology platform in micro-services architecture on cloud platform which integrates with Cloud Foundry, S3 (cloud storage), splunk etc.
The successful candidate will play a key role in modernizing the application and is expected to participate in maintaining micro-service based application, platform reconciliation, implementation of RESTful API, assisting in piloting machine learning product or platform etc for ensuring all the regulated users’ electronic communication are captured, processed and ingested correctly for surveillance and retention purpose.
This responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Understanding architecture and design across all systems
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Understanding software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement
- Manage and support a portfolio of production applications which includes vendor, home-grown, on premise, and SaaS applications
- Provide Level 2 and 3 production support to applications in production
- Make sound architectural decisions around application components interfacing with a large number of other applications within and outside the firm
- Identify gaps and weaknesses in existing applications and design and implement remediation of these gaps focused around automation
- Work to improve the stability of applications in the production environment
- Migrate applications to new infrastructure and a standard CI/CD environment including on-boarding the applications to the standard tools for change management, source control, access management, and application monitoring
- Ensure changes to the applications follow a disciplined and continuous change management processes including all reviews and approval steps
- Ensure adherence to design and coding standards
- 5 years' or more of development experience with a variety of tools and technologies
- 5 years’ experience or more in Java development with emphasis on Spring container specifically Spring bootstrap Micro Services
- 3 years' or more experience in tier 2 and tier 3 production and operational support
- Hands-on experience in Angular development
- Strong SQL knowledge (Experience of working with Complex DB objects and Oracle will be an added advantage)
- Experience with Source control tools, preferably GIT
Additional Preferred Requirements:
- Experience with Spring and Spring bootstrap preferable
- Experience with batch, data-intensive processing and transfer including controls for ensuring the completeness of transferred data
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You’ll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.