Come join our Singapore Software Development Centre as part of the Global Compliance team as a Software Engineer. You will be working on the world’s leading payment solutions and enjoying our world-class facilities, excellent working environment at the best place Singapore has to offer, the Central Business District.
This position entails project management, responsibility for team deliveries, and also personal deliveries (including software development).
The team lead is expected to be a senior development person who is able to undertake rudimentary project management responsibilities for his/her team, typically 2-6 engineers in size. In some assignments, the senior software engineer works as an individual contributor, with no team lead responsibilities.
The Senior Software engineer is expected to be highly competent technically and domain-wise, a respected thought leader in her specialty, and a role model for junior members of the team.
- Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or related area.
- 5-15 years hands-on in the following areas:
- Java, OO-based design and development.
- Development in/for Linux environment.
- Strong skills in Server Side Java, Spring, Hibernate, REST, Maven, Github and other open source Java Libraries.
- Database design, programming, tuning and query optimization.
- Test methodologies and testing tools, e.g., TestNG, JUnit.
- Full-SDLC cycle, with large-scale live roll-out participation as a developer.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems.
- Experience in software configuration management and streaming strategies for large parallel development teams.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with remote teams across time zones is essential.
- Strong verbal and writing skills; ability to thoroughly understand product specifications, and ability to produce clear, concise documentation.
- Understanding of processes and standards from compliance standpoint.
- Project planning ability, experience in managing small development teams.
- Knowledge of QA automation processes and tools preferred.
- Experience in finance-related domains preferred.