Discover the Unexpected
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and are a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. We’re passionate about unlocking the power of data in order to transform lives and create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped businesses grow, consumers and small businesses gain access to financial services, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done.
Our 18k amazing employees in 40+ countries believe the possibilities for you, and the world, are growing. We’re investing in the future, through new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
To do this we employ the greatest and brightest minds that share our purpose and want to make a difference. Experian Asia Pacific's culture, people and environments are key differentiators. We focus on what truly matters; diversity and inclusion, work/life balance, flexible working, development, equity, engagement, collaboration, wellness, reward & recognition, volunteering... the list goes on. We’re committed to fostering a strong sense of belonging and a place where you can bring your true self to work.
We’re an award winning organisation due to our strong people first focus. This includes Top Employer™ and Great Place To Work™ accreditations.
As an IT Business Analyst, your role will be to manage several key projects and programs for the Global Product Development (GPD) team within the Experian Information Technology Services (EITS) department.
What you’ll need to bring to the party
- At Experian, we value diversity, growth mindsets, and individuals that want to innovate.
- We do find common attributes across our amazing people irrespective of seniority or business function - these often include positivity, high IQ & EQ, and passion for making a difference.
- Successful candidates will demonstrate five key attributes: Executive presence, intellect, drive, integrity, and someone who is a strong cultural fit to Experian.
What you’ll be doing
Business Analysis skills:
- Driving process definition, integration requirements, re-engineering, improvements, and gap analysis with recommendations (pros, cons and risks) of current/to-be processes during workshops with internal or external stakeholders.
- Developing required documentation such as workshop agendas, presentations, gap analysis reports, process flow diagrams, roles/responsibilities (RACI’s), functional specifications, and maintaining the Bureau software library of documentation by conducting regular reviews of operating documentation.
- Liaison with Product Owners to define epic/user stories, prioritize product backlog, reduce work-in-process to deliver faster business value.
- Work with Product Owner to develop business cases for building prototypes, Proof of Concepts (PoC) or Minimum Viable product (MVP), as required.
- Proactively identify, assess, and manage risks, as the first line of defense.
- An expert Agile Scrum Master, demonstrating Agile behaviors that emphasizes collaboration, delivery, reflection, improvements and deliver internal trainings on new features to end users.
- Participate and facilitate relevant Agile ceremonies and rituals: Backlog Refinement, Daily Stand-ups, Iteration/Release Planning, Showcases, Demo, Sprint Review, Retrospective.
- Responsible for providing user stories and coaching to define the business-driven acceptance criteria and test cases. In addition, support the uplift of Agile practices to foster a culture of continual service improvements.
- Estimate total effort (planning, design, coding, documentation, etc.) to deliver project sprints, release cycles working closely with technical team during iteration planning.
More about you
- Candidate must possess Degree-level education.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience as a Business Analyst.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as a Scrum Master in leading Agile teams.
- Effective writing and communication skills with good presentation and facilitation skills.
- Data analysis using proven business analytical tools for decision making.
- Expert in Microsoft Office suites (not only limited to Visio, Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Advanced knowledge in ServiceNow, JIRA, and Confluence, with prior experience working with Java Developers.
- Experience in the banking, financial, or credit services industry would be an advantage.
- Self-starter that takes pride in the quality and previously worked in a fast-paced environment with little direction necessary and working effectively across multiple geographies in different time zones.
- Ability to multitask and work independently on a variety of competing tasks, and must be available and willing to work extended hours during deployments, system upgrades and provide on-call support during off hours, if required.
Why this role is critical to us
- This highly visible and crucial role will see you working very closely with all areas of Australia Credit Services, along with the Development and Technology functions of our business.
- This will be a busy yet rewarding role and forms a pinnacle part of our technology team and capabilities.
- The role will have a positive impact on our growth plans and achievement of future success.
- We’re a high-performance and driven team but we don’t forget to celebrate success.
- We offer strong career and international opportunities for high performers.
- We invest heavily in our products and our people.
- We offer training and support from experienced manager and peers, and dedicated learning & development time.
Culture at Experian
Our uniqueness is that we truly value yours.
Experian Asia Pacific's culture, people and environments are key differentiators. We take our people agenda very seriously. We focus on what truly matters; diversity and inclusion, work/life balance, development, engagement, collaboration, wellness, reward & recognition, volunteering... the list goes on.
We’re an award winning organisation due to our strong people focus.
Experian Asia Pacific isn't just growing, we're leveraging cutting edge data science, inclusion and start-up mindsets to build tomorrow's credit solutions. Innovation is a critical part of Experian's DNA and culture.