At Jacobs, we push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter, more connected and more sustainable. In our built environment work, that means designing spaces that foster innovation, cultivate collaboration and drive the next great discovery for humanity.
Bring your creativity, collaborative spirit and extreme attention to detail, and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can deliver extraordinary solutions for a better tomorrow, together.
Our Engineering team is growing where we would like to welcome you to join as the Instrumentation and Control Design Engineer. The role will provide technical support particularly in the instrumentation and control (I&C) engineering for the Singapore Office and more generally to the Asia Region; support the I&C Lead in the business development and marketing of the Group capabilities; and manage project inputs and ensure the project budget and controls are in place.
- Work closely with the I&C Lead in proposal preparation and submission; Prepare instrumentation and control content of P&ID’s
- Use P&ID drawings to select instrumentation;
- Develop i/o wiring, loop, network, layout, and other drawings as required;
- With guidance from Principal / Senior ICA engineer, review and understand ICA scope, BIM, specifications, and drawings for all ICA works from client briefs that are specific for the project
- Understand and follow plans, procedures, workflows, systems, and tools to meet specific project requirements
- Liaise and coordinate relevant technical issues with other disciplines
- Ensure that consistent quality standards and conformance with design plans/specifications are maintained across the project and coordination with Principal / Senior ICA engineer to ensure consistency across the project
- Attend and take records of meetings, discussions with clients, contractors, vendors and provide input into technical discussions
- Have meaningful experience in ethernet and Fieldbus network design
- Write technical reports and specifications including functional descriptions for control systems
- Support site supervision and plant commissioning activities when required.
To be a successful candidate, you shall possess:
- Degree in Electrical, Electronics, or Chemical Engineering; with 4-6 years of relevant work experience, including at least 3 years of instrumentation & control detailed design experience
- Basic understanding of Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), network architecture design, some experience in the design and implementation of Ethernet-based networks.
- Experience in design and construction of large infrastructure projects in Singapore; I&C engineering and/or testing commissioning of water/wastewater treatment plants would be an added advantage
- Experience with PUB projects would be an added advantage
- Experience working with BIM and 3D models would be an added advantage
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Jacobs complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of age, race, religion, language, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities.
The role is based in Singapore Beach Road, 150 Beach Rd, 34th Floor Gateway West, Singapore 189720, Singapore 189720.