Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter, more connected, and more sustainable. In our work, that means designing innovative solutions to sustain the quality of people’s lives across the globe. When it comes to connecting the people and places of tomorrow, the future depends on us.
Bring your curiosity, talent for multitasking, and extreme attention to details and we’ll help you grow, pursue, and fulfill what drives you -so we can make big impacts on the world together.
The individual would fulfill the role of Inspector of Works (Foundations), Maritime for the construction of substantial civil and structural engineering marine/maritime works in Malaysia.
”Exhibiting excellent technical skills and team leadership to drive the project toward successful completion. "
The primary responsibilities include are;
Contributing to a site supervision team of 10-14 Jacobs and employer’s staff and providing technical oversight the foundation works by the design & build contractor. In addition, reviewing the contractor’s methods, materials, and phasing of works, examine, inspect, measure, witness and record the works. The selected person will monitor progress of construction against the program and seeking that the program is achieved. The successful candidate will report to the Resident Engineer (Foundations) on progress, safety, and technical issues.
- Building a trusted relationship with the Jacobs team and with the owner & contractor’s counterpart staff.
- Placing a strong emphasis on safe construction practices (Target Zero) and on maintaining a high quality of construction – supports and guides by example in driving safe practices on site
- Monitoring the project quality control procedures and seeking improvements
- Contributing to the safety and build-ability reviews of the proposed designs
- Suggesting solutions to problems encountered
The secondary responsibilities are as follows.
- Cooperating with audits required in accordance with the contract requirements and company internal systems
Here’s What You’ll Need:
You will possess the following;
- A Bachelor's degree or an Advanced diploma or equivalent certification in Civil, Structural or Marine Engineering
- In-depth knowledge and experience in construction of foundations for tall towers and marine structural engineering
- With significant experience in all areas of coastal, maritime, and wider civil engineering practice and infrastructure development.
- Familiar with software and systems required for site supervision, including management and controls systems
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate most of the following skills and knowledge:
- Strong leadership skills and effective listener
- A Team player, empathy and reconciliation of client, team, and management expectations
- Cross-cultural awareness with commitment and motivation
- Personal planning and organization
- Confidence in communication and excellent presentation skills
- Highest standards of integrity/probity, Inspiring others through supporting and guiding by example
- Awareness of own limitations
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximize your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits, and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture, and achieve your goals – all at a single global company. Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow, and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.