Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Are you looking to grow your career in Inside Sales? Hewlett Packard Enterprise is now offering the chance of a lifetime! HPE’s Inside Sales team is instrumental in driving sales and is key to HPE’s success in the market.
The role of an Inside Sales Account Representative , is one of consultation rather than sales in the traditional sense. There are two drivers of this:
- Our customers need to speak to us, as well as our competitors.
- IT Infrastructure/Services are a must have, as opposed to a nice-to-have. IT has gone from something which churns in the background of the business to an enabler in an app-driven business world. Our customers need to know what’s available before making their vendor choices.
A typical day of an Inside Sales Representative would involve:
- Speaking to several customers about their business challenges and outcomes.
- Working with our Channel Partners on deals with shared interest.
- Forecasting monthly and quarterly sales targets to their line managers.
- Negotiating with our finance department on a commercial model for any given customer.
- Self-learning on our portfolio, to increase knowledge and articulating its value to customers
HPE is seeking to identify a highly motivated Inside Sales Account Representative to cover customers and accounts of Hong Kong market. The candidate will be based in Kuala Lumpur with the rest of the Inside Sales team that covers this region.
- Works in assigned territory/ account(s). May share quota with the field sales colleague or own a unique quota that he/she is singularly accountable for.
- Creates account plan for a portion or a set of assigned accounts that are of low to medium complexity
- Builds targeted sales pipeline through identified sales and marketing campaigns, may generate leads for closure by outside sales or him/herself.
- Sells standard solutions for a portion or a set of assigned accounts based on defined account strategies and plans; may partner with field sales or sell independently to attain quarterly targets and annual quota
- Establishes strong relationship with clients / territory partners. Aligns the account strategy and sales motions to maximize client value. Build and maintain solid customer relations that protect or expand company's Installed base.
- Seeks out appropriate resources in presales, product, service specialists to support complex deals.
- As dictated by the selling model, establishes partner contacts to share account information and seek joint opportunities that drive incremental revenue.
- Nurtures and closes new opportunities that result in substantial incremental orders, revenue and margins to company, representing the entire company portfolio of products and services.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong telephone selling skills: Listens to customer needs and tailors messages to customers based on their needs and ties-in additional promotional campaigns, upgrades, or extended products/services.
- Be able to apply subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommend appropriate alternatives.
- Be a team player and manage multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution.
- Exhibits knowledge of the company portfolio of products or capacity to learn and utilize product resources to meet job requirements.
- With management guidance, proactively contacts and sells products/services and completes lead follow-up with assigned area of responsibility.
- Consistently meets or exceeds metrics related to outbound calls, open pipeline opportunities, and closed won revenue set by management.
- Foundational knowledge in a Customer Relationship Management system or Salesforce system which allows businesses to manage business relationships and the data and information associated with them.
Education and Experience
- 3-5 years of relevant experiences in IT, preferably IT products and solution sales.
- Experience with Channel partners and/or distributors will be an advantage.
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in written and spoken English (and Cantonese dialect), reading and writing.
Join us and make your mark!
- A competitive salary and extensive social benefits
- Diverse and dynamic work environment
- Work-life balance and support for career development
- An amazing life inside the element!
Want to know more about it? Then let’s stay connected!
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status