Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 210 data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
At Equinix, we help the world’s digital leaders scale with agility, speed the launch of digital services, deliver world-class experiences, and transform people’s lives. Our culture is based on collaboration and the growth and development of our teams.
We hire hardworking people who thrive on solving challenging problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, and try new approaches, as we grow our product portfolio with new software and network architecture solutions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
Senior level server administrator well versed in Windows and VMWare Technologies with experience in areas including performance optimization, automation, capacity planning and infrastructure at scale. May also have experience in audit, compliance and governance. Should be seasoned to independently manage projects.
- Plans, installs, troubleshoots and supports physical and virtual servers and infrastructure at scale. Ensuring reliability of systems and services across a global estate.
- Analyses, identifies and corrects technology issues, resolving operational issues and restoring services where appropriate.
- Documents procedures and troubleshooting techniques related to systems, software and hardware; develops and reviews documentation.
- Acts as a liaison to vendors and technical-support to resolve complex problems.
- Work on Infrastructure related projects for deployment, enhancements and automation.
- Advises and assists in the development of policies and procedures.
- Monitors and maintains software licensing, documents, and records for the purpose of ensuring compliance with policies and standards.
- Contributes to engineering standards for backup and DR procedures to ensure rapid recovery for mission-critical systems, and services.
- Provide input to the Technology Roadmap when requested – assisting with research and design of new technology solutions where applicable.
- Performs other job-related duties as may be assigned.
- Must have advanced experience and knowledge of:
- VMWare Technologies – ESXi, VSAN, Vcenter and VXRail.
- Windows Server operating systems : 2012/R2, 2016 and 2019.
- Windows Server Infrastructure and Services including DNS, DHCP, Active Directory
- Powershell / PowerCLI scripting and automation.
- Enterprise Intel x86 based hardware (e.g. Dell Servers, HP, Supermicro, Cisco UCS).
- Automation technologies and configuration management.
Knowledge of the core hardware and software components that comprise large global systems and networks with expertise in some of the following areas is an advantage:
- Vrealize Suite
- Nutanix AOS/AHV.
- Server Hardening
- Backup technologies, (Commvault).
- Familiarity with data centre related platforms such as Building and Energy Management system software.
- LAN/WAN, network and systems hardware and software
- Cloud Technologies and solutions including Azure, AWS and VMC.
- Microsoft SQL Server.
- Microsoft PowerBI.
- SAN Storage (including Fibre Channel/iSCSI).
- AV Technologies.
- Monitoring and system management tools.
- Current and emerging operating systems, network environments and protocols.
- Project design and project tracking.
- Understanding of ITIL processes and methodology
- Australian citizen with NV1 Security clearance or eligibility to obtain clearance
- 10+ years experience.
- Bachelor's preferred.
- Industry certification(s) preferred.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.