Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital, cloud and advisory services, industry solutions and design-led experiences across the Microsoft ecosystem. Every day, our 56,000 professionals in 26 countries make a genuine human impact for our clients, their employees and their customers.
We have been recognized as Microsoft’s Global SI Partner of the Year more than any other company. With the most Microsoft certifications (60,000+) and 18 (out of 18) Gold-level Microsoft competencies, we are uniquely positioned to help businesses grow and solve their toughest challenges.
We are a people first company, committed to providing an inclusive workplace where employees feel comfortable being their authentic selves. As a responsible business, we are building a sustainable world and helping young people from underrepresented communities fulfil their potential.
Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation.
As an Infrastructure Architect, your focus is on architecture strategy, planning, design and implementation of enterprise solutions across multiple technology towers and disciplines, inclusive of cloud, workplace networking, security and operations in both Microsoft and multi-vendor environments.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Day-to-day, your responsibilities include:
- Developing a high-level approach and leading teams of engineers to assist in design and delivery.
- Advising clients on an overall IT plans, including efficiently spending on existing and new technologies and integrating technology solutions in ways that create value for the organization
- Working and interacting directly with clients to ensure smooth and successful design and implementation of Avanade solutions
- Helping establish partnership with cross-functional technology and design teams to integrate technology, operations, and solution requirements into solution strategies Additionally, you apply your expertise in technical and consulting knowledge to advise clients on proper governance to ensure stability, and to enable them to evolve their environments to support changing business requirements.
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
- Infrastructure solutions (especially Microsoft), cloud technologies, networking, data center operations, platform migration, and enterprise directories
- Operation management, systems security, testing, databases and mobility considerations
- Experience leading technology infrastructure projects
- Good understanding of infrastructure-as-code and how DevOps models intersect
- Cross architecture skills to plan complex and multi-cloud solutions and infrastructure core services
- Microservice architecture and containerization
- Advanced understanding of PowerShell and other scripting languages
- Up-to-date knowledge of Microsoft products
- Ability to gain an understanding of customer process and issues, and communicate them back
- Ability to work in teams and individually when needed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with global teams on projects
- Experience working with offshore teams to facilitate project work
- Demonstrated excellence in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
- Advanced skills and experience in application lifecycle management, agile development methods and software planning
- Effective at recruiting talented people, managing and influencing virtual teams, and developing leaders
- Strategic thinker about business issues across product areas and industries
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive them to completion effectively
- Monitor, mentor, and lead teams to overcome roadblocks and challenges and implement coordination
- Cloud certifications preferably Azure. ITIL certifications.
Preferred Education Background:
- You likely possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
- 5+ years of prior related work experience, preferably in a technology or consulting environment
Scope of Work:
- Provides operational leadership for work efforts requiring significant coordination.
Accountabilities & Metrics:
- Timeliness, accuracy and quality of team work
- Chargeability and training targets
- Project and annual goals
- Managing integration of collective work products to align with operational objectives and drive strategic execution
- People management responsibilities