At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This role is tasked to work with the other team members to pay IBM UK employees timely and accurately. Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- leads the processing and monitors the payroll schedule for the monthly and off cycles covering payments for starters, leavers, international assignees, and recovery of overpayments from leavers once identified.
- regularly reviews the work processes to ensure that defects and inefficiencies are identified and resolved.
- responsible for the resolution of employee queries and escalations and works with the different upstream teams to provide an overall positive client experience.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- ‘- Must have a general understanding of HR systems
- – Must have a general understanding of payroll work processes and basic income taxation principles
- – Must have proven efficiency in basic systems problem resolution through effective interface and communication
- – Must have proven efficiency in utilizing general office applications (MS office applications) and communication tools (Lotus Notes)
- – Ability to analyze errors/ complex situations and identify appropriate solutions (Strong thinking and problem solving skills)
- – Ability to collaborate with people and work effectively in a team; ability to build collaborative relationships with colleagues and clients; ability to deal flexibly with others (Strong Interpersonal skills – team player)
- – Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude towards customer service; recognize client needs and recommends appropriate solutions (Customer-oriented/ Client-focused)
- – Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees, key managers and other external contacts (Effective communication skills)
- – Ability to identify critical requirements and prioritize tasks/ to manage multiple priorities (Priority setting)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- – In depth knowledge of Payroll requirements, preferably more the 2 years of Professional Payroll experience; CIPP (UK)/ IPASS (Ireland) an advantage
- – Experience in working in a business process operations environment; Experience in working in a shared services organization
- – Skill/ experience in using collaborative tools (including, but not limited to, Slack, Webex, Trello, Mural)
- – Skill/ experience on Agile methodologies, basic Project Management, being an Automation Process Consultant, Robotics Process Automation
- – Technical capability to operate payroll and/ or time management systems (i.e. Workday HCM and Workday Payroll)