Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
HPE makes Hybrid IT simple. HPE helps customers to design the right mix of Hybrid IT solutions to serve their unique needs. We bring next generation infrastructure that uses intelligent software to simplify and accelerate the delivery of new apps, services and business insights. Our mission is to empower our customers with new ways to deliver and manage IT on-premises and in the cloud.
Sound like you? Then we have the right opportunity – we are looking for a Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI) Sales Specialist within HPE Hybrid IT to join us! Sales Specialists and Consultants are product, services, software or solution specialists that are responsible for leading sales activity in their assigned focus areas. In this amazing role, you can make your mark by collaborating with and supporting Account Managers and providing specialist expertise within the sales team. You will drive proactive campaigns to build the pipeline, using your specialized knowledge and skills to prospect, qualify, negotiate and close opportunities. If you have a track record of technology sales success, want to be part of a business area that is growing – with great opportunities, and are ready for your next role, then please apply today!
How you’ll make your mark:
- Responsible for sales of storage products and solutions in assigned territory, industry or accounts.
- Uses advanced storage expertise to seek out new opportunities for customer value by expanding and enhancing existing opportunities.
- Creates and drives the storage sales pipeline. Captures leads outside of specialization and uses closed-loop lead management to ensure assignment and follow-up by others.
- Collaborates with the account pursuit teams to leverage their solutions expertise for business development.
- Build sales readiness and reduces client learning curve through effective knowledge transfer in storage.
- Contributes to development of quota objectives and future direction for storage product lines.
- Directs and coordinates supporting sales activities related to pipeline hygiene through account managers, Presales, channel partners and other relevant stakeholders.
- Effectively uses internal sales tools to maintain a healthy pipeline and the account plan in a timely fashion.
- Collaborates across the HPE teams to deliver a consistent approach to developing business, including account planning for end to end solutions.
- Assesses solution feasibility from a technical and business perspective to determine "qualify-in"/"qualify-out" status.
- Negotiates and drives profitable deals to ensure successful closure and a high win rate.
- Drives sales of the storage portfolio, using strong leadership and initiative to successfully prospect, negotiate and close deals.
- Establishes a professional and consultative relationship with the client by achieving an advanced understanding of the unique business needs of the client within the industry. Works with clients up to and including the C-level for mid-to-large accounts.
- Leverages advanced knowledge of competitors and industry trends to strategically position the company's products and services.
- Focuses on and works with the channel to forge relationships, provide enablement of key technologies, and co-sell to end-users.
- Effectively leads, evangelizes, and helps to coordinate Storage marketing campaigns (digital /new techniques) to ensure a successful launch and maintenance of the campaign momentum, in alignment with the account strategy.
- Acts as a trusted storage solutions consultant for the slated accounts/region.
- Reinforces and articulates HPE's strategy and portfolio to partners and champions to uncover new business opportunities and contacts, including new logos when appropriate.
- Effectively uses references to craft a story that makes complex technologies seem simple and understandable for the customers
- Actively generates customer interest and anticipates customer's buying trends. Links business and financial benefits with technology offerings. Illustrates the ROI & TCO advantages of HPE offerings for the customer's business.
- Cultivates and maintains positive relationships with customers to ensure account retention and growth, to position the company as the preferred vendor to meet business needs.
- Supports deal closure in partnership with relevant internal stakeholders including account managers and channel partners
- You are a Diploma or Bachelor's degree holder with 6-10+ years of sales experience.
- Experienced in storage sales, typically 2-3+ years.
- Demonstrated achievement of progressively higher quota, interface with diverse business customers at all levels.
- Possess a hunter mentality to actively pursue for solution opportunities in acquisition and development accounts and to pursue new business.
- Equipped with extensive vertical industry knowledge as well as project management experience.
- Is considered an expert in knowledge of storage, cloud, solution or service offerings as well as competitor's offerings to be able to sell large solutions.
- Understands the outside-In view and possesses deep knowledge of industry trends. Stays abreast of competitors and key partner/ISV solutions, including both traditional and emerging vendors. Leverages HPE’s opportunities and mitigates challenges.
- Understands the role of IT within the area of storage. Understands how the company's solutions differentially address specific vertical industry challenges, as well as their cross-segment capabilities.
- Expertise in mapping the right partner skills to the required storage related opportunity.
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Please note that this is for future hiring. If you are interested in the opportunity, do click apply!