Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, our Power Solutions team is geared towards providing a more integrated approach offering end-to-end service to support our clients in energy networks, thermal generation, renewable generation and storage solutions space. We are helping our clients meet the challenges faced in countries and cities across the globe, providing innovative solutions from replacing conventional thermal power plants with renewable energy to developing demand side management strategies.
- We currently have an opening for a Civil Engineer (Structural background), with an interest in project management, to join our hydroelectric team. This position will provide project management support, carry out design of hydropower projects and its structures located in Malaysia and South East Asia.
- Structural design of hydropower structures like weirs, dams, intakes, canals, desanders, penstocks and powerhouses for projects located in Malaysia and South East Asia. The design inputs to include Feasibility studies, detailed engineering design, tender documents, technical reviews.
- Supporting project management activities including progress reporting, attending client meetings and project control.
- Coordinating input from engineers and designers to compile reporting and deliverables.
- Supporting business compliance activities relating including quality, procurement and internal reporting activities.
- Interact with Jacobs regional team delivering project with an international team.
- Preparing proposals for Jacobs services including scope, methodology and pricing.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Here's What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, experience in structural design of water and hydropower projects
- Preparing technical reports, letters, and meeting minutes etc.
- A masters or business-related qualification is advantageous.
- International work or study experience is advantageous.
- Planning or scheduling for project development is advantageous.
- Proven excellent communication skills, both verbal and written is advantageous.
- Project management, including preparing proposals is advantageous.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.