Discover the Unexpected
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and are a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. We’re passionate about unlocking the power of data in order to transform lives and create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped businesses grow, consumers and small businesses gain access to financial services, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done.
Our 18k amazing employees in 40+ countries believe the possibilities for you, and the world, are growing. We’re investing in the future, through new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
To do this we employ the greatest and brightest minds that share our purpose and want to make a difference. Experian Asia Pacific's culture, people and environments are key differentiators. We focus on what truly matters; diversity and inclusion, work/life balance, flexible working, development, equity, engagement, collaboration, wellness, reward & recognition, volunteering... the list goes on. We’re committed to fostering a strong sense of belonging and a place where you can bring your true self to work.
We’re an award winning organization due to our strong people first focus. This includes Top Employer™ and Great Place To Work™ accreditations.
An exciting opportunity for a passionate individual to join our Australia and New Zealand business in our HR team!
You’ll possess experience in an HR generalist role where you have supported managers across the full spectrum of HR disciplines (talent, culture and engagement, performance management, organisation development, reward and performance management, generalist operational HR requirements). We’re after a people person that’s able to juggle numerous competing priorities at the same time and is able to coach and guide managers on key people issues using HR best practice. Experience with working in a matrix organisation is desirable.
This is a great opportunity for a driven HR practitioner looking to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment where every work day is different.
What you’ll need to bring to the party
- An experienced HR professional who develops effective working relationships in order to advise, influence and challenge stakeholders to deliver our people plan, in line with the overall strategy.
- Creative flair and an eye for continuous improvement and in identifying opportunities to streamline processes.
- Be competent, focused and outcome driven as well as champion our values at all times.
- A passion for impacting business performance through improving employee engagement.
What you’ll be doing
- A split of HR Business Partnering and HR Generalist
- Provide advice to managers on resourcing and on-boarding, performance and career development, capability and reward.
- Work with the business and HR Director to lead annual HR activities, such as performance management, talent identification and the compensation review.
- Proactively work together with the business and HR Team to identify and drive improvements in employee engagement; using information from employee engagement surveys, round tables and discussion forums to guide thinking.
- Support people managers with Employee Relations matters such as performance management, disciplinaries, grievances and employee exits.
- Maintain a customer focus to ensure speed of response and customer service to general employee HR enquiries, as well as provide guidance, direction and advice on various HR related matters.
- Lead the Induction and Onboarding process and conduct HR Induction for new hires.
- Support the global mobility process by working with external partners and vendors to ensure completion of immigration requirements (for visas and relocations).
- Assist the business and/or the HR Team with ad-hoc requirements as needed, including items such as reporting, accounts payable, wellbeing and benefits, Sharesave Scheme, and annual WGEA reporting.
More about you
- Proven ability to build effective partnerships with stakeholders at different levels of the organisation
- 3+ years of HR experience, preferably in a global matrix organisation
- Highly organized with the ability to plan multiple tasks effectively and deliver to tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and superb time management skills is paramount to the success of this role
- Team player, with well developed written and verbal skills
- Local labour law knowledge
Why this role is critical to us
- Our aim is that everyone at Experian can grow, progress their careers and reach their potential and, we as HR, have an important role to play in this.
- Having amazing people and a culture to match are fundamental enablers to our success, and to deliver against these priorities we ensure we implement a People Strategy that clearly supports the delivery of the business strategy.
- As a talented and experienced HR professional, you’ll be responsible for creating and delivering an influential people plan in a diverse and growing market.
Our uniqueness is that we truly value yours.
Experian Asia Pacific's culture, people and environments are key differentiators. We take our people agenda very seriously. We focus on what truly matters; diversity and inclusion, work/life balance, development, engagement, collaboration, wellness, reward & recognition, volunteering... the list goes on.
We’re an award winning organisation due to our strong people focus.
Experian Asia Pacific isn't just growing, we're leveraging cutting edge data science, inclusion and start-up mindsets to build tomorrow's credit solutions. Innovation is a critical part of Experian's DNA and culture.