Johnson Controls is the Global leader for smart, healthy, and sustainable buildings. At Johnson Controls, we’ve been making buildings smarter since 1885, and our capabilities, depth of innovation experience, and global reach have been growing ever since. Today, we offer the world’s largest portfolio of building products, technologies, software, and services; we put that portfolio to work to transform the environments where people live, work, learn and play.
The opportunity- 9 month Fixed term Contract
This is a great opportunity for an experienced HR generalist to work for a Global company. You will Partner with the Business Leaders to formulate business plans, coach and support them to achieve the plans
This role will be responsible for the local delivery and execution of core HR services to employees and managers in a defined area.
- Establish yourself as the ‘go to’ HR person
- Be involved with Business Leadership Team meetings
- Works in partnership with local management on various employment matters including Performance Management issues, employee inquiries or complaints, as well as the implementation of company-wide HR activities
- Conducts investigations and recommends actions to effectively resolve policy violations or employee grievances.
- Stays current on employment laws and company policies.
- Supports the business with Org Health Index (OHI) actions and D&I targets.
- Analyzes business and HR metrics to identify HR-related opportunities for improvement.
- Partners with the Leadership Team to identify Talent, succession and development plans.
- Manage restructuring exercises without conflict or legal ramifications.
- Maintains a cordial relationship with Union officials and works together for the best interest.
- Participates or Leads HR Projects across the Pacific or APAC.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- 10+ years HR Generalist experience with strong knowledge of Employee/Labour relations.
- Excellent business planning, performance management, and change management skills.
- Solid human resources generalist skills, especially in the areas of talent acquisition, performance management, employee relations, compensation & benefits and employment law and labour relations.
- Demonstrated success at influencing and coaching employees and business leaders is required.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal and oral/written communication skills are essential.
- Some travel may be required
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your resume via the Apply button. If you would like to have a confidential discussion please contact Amy on Amy.Risteski@jci.com or call on 0417 445 920.
Diversity & Inclusion
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion starts with our values. We lead with integrity and purpose, focusing on the future and aligning with our customers’ vision for success. Our High-Performance Culture ensures that we have the best talent that is highly engaged and eager to innovate. Our D&I mission elevates each employee’s responsibility to contribute to our culture. It’s through these contributions that we’ll drive the mindsets and behaviours we need to power our customers’ missions. You have the power. You have the voice. You have the culture in your hands.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process.
Please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.