Who we are
Johnson Controls is the global leader for smart, healthy and sustainable buildings. At Johnson Controls, we’ve been making buildings smarter since 1885, and our capabilities, depth of innovation experience, and global reach have been growing ever since. Today, we offer the world’s largest portfolio of building products, technologies, software, and services; we put that portfolio to work to transform the environments where people live, work, learn and play.
This is where Johnson Controls comes in, helping drive the outcomes that matter most. Through a full range of systems and digital solutions, we make your buildings smarter. A smarter building is safer, more comfortable, more efficient, and, ultimately, more sustainable. Most important, smarter buildings let you focus more intensely on your unique mission. Better for your people. Better for your bottom line. Better for the planet. We’re helping to create a healthy planet with solutions that decrease energy use, reduce waste and make carbon neutrality a reality.
Sustainability is a top priority for our company. We committed to invest 75 percent of new product development R&D in climate-related innovation to develop sustainable products and services. We take sustainability seriously. Achieving net zero carbon emissions before 2040 is just one of our commitments to making the world a better place.
What you will do:
- Deliver HR support to business leaders and employees to drive talent management excellence, implement talent strategy and initiatives to enhance employee engagement and leader effectiveness.
- Integrate, standardize, fine tune existing HR operational processes and align delivery model to ensure optimum support to business leaders and employees.
How you will do it:
- Manage the process of the employee life cycle: induction, re-employment and exit interviews.
- Lead the reviewimplementation and interpretation of HR policies and programs.
- Deliver HR activities (employee engagement surveys, performance appraisal cycle, incentives plan) in conjunction with the COEs as needed
- Partner business leaders on workforce planning to achieve the business goals.
- Manage talent planning, talent reviews, and talent development.
- Drive focus and improvement on diversity and inclusion
- Partner the line managers to drive high performance culture.
- Provide local consultation, guidance, and support for managers on performance, development, engagement, and other HR initiatives.
- Manage local employee and labor relations.
- Monitor and act to address employee engagement and culture change.
- Handle local implementation of mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and restructuring events that are local to the team.
- Implement Human Resources policies and communicate to employees changes in policies and procedures.
- Develop and coach managers to a leader-led model.
- Collaborate with COEs to ensure consistent and integrated HR support to the business
- Participate as an active member on site and corporate projects, teams and process improvement.
- Recommend appropriate HR Strategies and actions to retain employees.
- Leads investigation activities, advise on and implement remediation actions where applicable
What we are looking for:
- University Degree in Human Resources
- At least 5 years of HR Generalist experience in a Managerial role
- Experience in working in a large organization with matrix reporting
- Experience working with shared services function and in a unionized workplace
- Proven ability in managing HR operations, HR partnering and employee relations
- Strong project management skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
JCI’s Diversity & Inclusion
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion starts with our values. We lead with integrity and purpose, focusing on the future and aligning with our customers’ vision for success. Our High-Performance Culture ensures that we have the best talent that is highly engaged and eager to innovate. Our D&I mission elevates each employee’s responsibility to contribute to our culture. It’s through these contributions that we’ll drive the mindsets and behaviors we need to power our customers’ missions. You have the power. You have the voice. You have the culture in your hands.