Join our digital team to power our customers’ missions through digital transformation. You will have the privilege to work with & inspire a talented group that will advance JCI digital solutions as we transform customer experiences with AI/ML enabled IoT edge devices, Biometrics, Cloud Services, data analytics, cutting edge OpenBlue Digital Software Cloud Platform & Application suite to deliver Safe, Healthy and Smart connected autonomous buildings. We are investing heavily in our talent & are looking for change agents to join our team. This could be THE place you are looking for.
Linkedin Page https://bit.ly/3aSYKcJ
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable, and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions making the people, facilities, and assets safe with our industry-leading security solutions. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works, and plays. This is an exciting opportunity to develop the next generation of security solutions. Your role will have a large impact, as the technology you develop will be used to protect people, facilities, and assets, at scale – around the world.
You will be working with a talented team of architects, scientists, product managers, Software, Hardware, and QA engineers. Our teams are spread across several locations including Westford MA, Belfast UK, and Bangalore India.
You will be using the latest cutting-edge technologies to power next-generation Access Control solutions for our Software House Brand.
We are investing heavily for growth so looking for change agents with big bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mindset, and a highly collaborative working style. This might just be THE impactful role you have been looking for!
What we want
- We are currently looking a technical leader to enhance the development of our access control and video solution for the Cloud, hybrid, or on-premise. You will be managing multiple scrum teams with skillsets in backend services, Web-based User Interfaces, and automation.
- We are looking for a person with a proven background in container based microservice development and has worked with a wide range of technologies including Kubernetes and Docker. As part of an Agile team, the Engineering Leader will oversee the successful delivery of high-quality solutions, and champion technical excellence within a high performing software engineering environment.
How you will do it
- Lead the design and creation of new technological solutions using an ELK stack
- Responsible for the identification, evaluation and adoption best in class third party open source
- Responsible for team’s work planning, estimation, and deliverable execution
- Lead the team in the full development life cycle including requirements analysis & documentation, and design
- Responsible for the implementation of new systems and development of processes to help ensure effectiveness across engineering teams
- Champion technological changes and work on highly complex issues with broad strategic implications
- Ensure all cloud services and underlying infrastructure are properly monitored and configured
- Work closely with DevOps to ensure security, availability, reliability, scalability of solutions
What we look for
- Bachelor's degree in CS/EE or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of hands-on technical leadership
- Hands-on programming experience with .NET / .NET Core technology
- Highly motivated
- 15+ years’ experience in software engineering, ideally building and maintaining large scale, systems
- Demonstrate experience with containerized microservices and deployment technologies
- Experienced with Windows and Linux OS
- Technical and someone who enjoys staying close to architecture and technology
- Strong communication and people skills
- Manage a team of engineers, including task planning, code reviews, and quality assurance.
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects
- Preferred background in Physical Security/IoT/Video Analytics/AI/ML space