Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
Joining our operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, maintaining critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team delivering best in class service to our data center customers. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
Senior Director, Field Operations - Singapore
Primary Location: Singapore
Job Description Summary
The Senior Director, Field Operations – Singapore is responsible for the customer-impacting, day-to-day operations, maintenance and performance of the data center estate in Singapore which comprises 5 data centers. Responsible for day-to-day execution, capacity management, leadership of 3 directors, financial/budget management, customer relationship and support to APAC business teams as well as coordination with APAC and global operations teams. The role is part of the APAC Operations Leadership team to drive significant expansion of our data center footprint, consistent improvements on global consistency and on new initiatives to transform the day to day operations in line with business strategies.
As the Senior Director, Field Operations - Singapore you will Drive strategic planning and priorities for datacenter operations, in alignment with our global strategy.
- Establish and track against KPIs, SLAs, and metrics (incl. performance, capacity, availability, budget)
- Management of the country field Operations budget (Opex /Capex) to the agreed targets
- Oversee on the ground incident response, problem resolution, and change management to support Equinix customer experience
- Establish critical business continuity plans, including design and implementation of disaster preparedness, detailed project management, and logistics coordination
- Establish and track safety measures to ensure safety of frontline resources
- Ensure consistency in experience and on-the-ground response across data centers in the assigned country
- Oversee the Customer facing Project-Management and End of Live replacements
- Ensures compliancy to the local legislations on the day-to-day operations/engineering incl. new builds.
- Establish a healthy and trustful customer relationship within the operations team
- Contribute to the Centre of Excellence as and when appropriate and implement policies and procedures to ensure global consistency and effectiveness
- Contribute to and/or support other departments to achieve endorsed business objectives
- Coordinate with global design and construction team to ensure global consistency and effectiveness
- Fosters an inclusive environment in which all colleagues can say “I feel safe, I belong, and I matter”
- Lead a diverse team - shape a collaborative, transparent, and entrepreneurial culture, in tandem with the extended global operations leadership and the corporate leadership team
- Motivate employees around shared vision and change story in line with business and organizational transformation
- Empower frontline resources to meet customer needs through incentives and process
- Demonstrated track record of datacenter operations management and maintenance or similar, leadership and cross functional management experience
- Experience optimizing a growing and evolving business – leading a large organization through a period of rapid growth, merger integration, or business transition
- Experienced in leading and operating in a matrix environment *
- Focus on execution and results – establishing high standards for performance, setting goals and developing plans, following through and holding people accountable for results *
- Ability to provide thought leadership, think strategically and effectively communicate vision and influence
- Demonstrate and instill the Equinix culture and values
- Adept at balancing intense short-term pressures with overall long term goals
- Financial acumen and ability to connect operational objectives to financial results
- Ideally you will have a technical and service-oriented background
- Degree in Electrical / Mechanical Engineering preferred. MBA or technical master degree or equivalent experiences a plus