What You'll Do
The Business Development Manager in Cisco is the key contact for our Managed Service Provider Partners and will be responsible for owning and nurturing the relationships, building and executing the Go to Market as well as Sales Acceleration strategies within the MSP/SPaaCH business in APJC. Your success will reflect in sales achievements, strategic organizational alignment and execution of strategic business objectives. The position also requires an appropriate process and business acumen, and the ability to work across Cisco’s functions to drive the best enablement for our Managed Service Provider partners. Most importantly, the ideal candidate will have the ability to effectively define strategy, articulate and communicate business and technology vision, and efficiently drive change.
You will help to maximize joint revenue of your partners with both Cisco’s product , Services and software. This involves but is not limited to the following activities:
Working with the in-theatre MSP/SPaaCH Sales acceleration PAMs (and as required directly with MSP partners) with the objective of….
Maintaining relationships with partner executives to increase Cisco’s relevance to the their business. Own the governance and alignment between Cisco and the partner through regular business reviews Conducting market analysis to understand the opportunity in various regions and building go to market plans to capture market share
Introduction of both new technology and service offerings to partners and ensuring these are added to their portfolio and brought to market in a timely fashion. Encourages Co-Marketing Activities and targeted Partner Marketing Funds spending in alignment with Marketing team .
Ensuring that partners have the necessary accreditations to sell or provide managed services on the relevant Cisco technologies. Evangelize the joint value proposition of Cisco and the partner into both the partner and Cisco sales organizations.
Ensure partner maximized profitability through efficient use of available Cisco Programs. Set growth targets and own the execution of this plan to set milestones and targets. Maintain awareness of competitive threats and how to counter them. Understand competitors’ technologies, along with their strengths and weaknesses.
Ensure compliance with Cisco policy
Introduce Cisco MS Licensing agreements to Partners and increase onboarding where needed
Work with cross functional teams including Marketing, Partner Programs, Sales teams, in-theatre PO, SE teams, Cisco Capital, Enablement teams, others to drive sales acceleration and GTM activities with the MSP/SPaaCH partners
Build innovative campaigns and initiatives with the objective of growing the managed services business in APJC
Who You'll Work With
Working as a core member of the Cisco APJ Partner Organization – Managed Services Partner team, you will be responsible for the GTM, sales acceleration strategies and execution across all Cisco architectures including: Collaboration, Cloud, Security, and Enterprise Network Solutions. You will work closely with architecture, segment leads and global partner organisation team to ensure adoption of Cisco solutions in the partner’s value proposition and alignment of Cisco sales force in the partners go to market. You will partner with a technical solutions architect to support you in your engagements with the partners technical community.
The APJ Partner Organization aims to develop the most relevant partner ecosystem, valued by partners, customers and Cisco Employee’s. Growing partner capability in Cisco architectures and solutions, ensuring profitable growth for our ecosystem to deliver business value for Cisco and our customers.
Who You Are
- 10+ years’ experience in channel sales, direct sales or business development with a technology company.
- Understands the importance of the channel to driving Cisco’s business.
- Proven ability to lead a business in the APJC region.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Cloud and Managed Services market and how to develop compelling value propositions to capture market share.
- Ability to drive strategy to execution through significant business expertise and a drive towards business outcomes.
- Experience in sales to Managed Service Providers in a direct or channel capacity.
- Experience in managing direct and indirect teams across multiple geographies in APJ.
- Experienced in driving cross functional engagement between product management, marketing and sales.
- Former channel, sales acceleration or service creation experience is a plus.
- Strong executive presence and proven ability to build credibility and relationships with partners and Cisco executives.
- Values a team oriented culture and the diversity of people and perspectives.
- Ability to deal and resolve conflict.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively both internally and with a partner.
- Good understanding of the Cisco partner programs is a bonus.
- High level understanding of modern marketing strategies.
- Confidence in identifying real opportunities and effectively prioritizing projects for maximum results.
- Displays a high of level of passion, energy, excitement and intensity for the channel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and organizations skills.
- Negotiation skills to craft solutions that are beneficial to our partners and Cisco overall.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!