Thriving communities. Healthy cities. A brighter future. What we do is more than a job, we work every day to make the world better for all. These complicated issues require flexible, integrated thinking. Our cities’ long-term success depends on solutions that leverage forward-thinking models, the latest technology and creative public-private partnerships.
We are looking for a Graduate Environmental Scientist. The position performs a variety of fieldwork and technical analyses, along with supervision of contractors and subconsultants required for delivery of site characterization and revitalization works of different sizes and complexities.
Using prescribed standard operating procedures, the Graduate Environmental Scientist will perform specific and limited portions of scientific assignment. You will assist in the collection and analysis of data from soil and groundwater sampling, available reports, maps, drawings, tests, and aerial photographs, perform soil bore logging, soil and groundwater field observations, and data collection assignments, write comprehensive technical reports that summarizes the soil and groundwater findings from conducted investigations, keeps abreast of state-of-the art technology developments and identifies opportunities where new technologies can be applied on assigned projects.
Here's What You'll Need:
The Graduate Environmental Scientist must have the following qualifications:
- BS or MS graduate of a science or engineering discipline.
- Professional Engineer (PE) / Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) License is not necessary but preferred.
- 0 to 2 years of professional experience.
- Ability to handle contractors and consultants.
- Strong technical skills to review, write and edit technical reports.
- A strong sense of teamwork and ability to work under pressure.
- Significant practical capability to implement health, safety, environment, and quality requirements.
- Well-developed communication skill of both oral and written.
- Knowledge of site characterization and remediation work is plus for applicant in this role but is not necessary
Jacobs. A world where you can.