Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
A career at Equinix means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
The Global Solution Architect (GSA) builds complex solutions that leverages designs from existing portfolio of reference architectures and identifies unique opportunities to incorporate technology components found in the larger Equinix ecosystems & solutions offers. The GSA will possess a general awareness of and industry technology trends used in those complex solutions development.
The role is to provide Technology subject matter expertise and the appropriate application digital transformation strategies to help Equinix clients achieve their business goals through a consultative selling. The GSA will support qualified opportunities with a heavy bias towards Demand Creation & Capture activities in the field. Key domain expertise includes Networking, Cloud and Enterprise Architecture.
- Research, evaluate and stay current on emerging tools, techniques and technologies.
- Ability to articulate how Equinix’s interconnection-driven strategies and product/services roadmaps can address customers’ digital transformation roadmaps
- Create partner activation and technology plans based on an understanding of the customer's organizational strategic direction, technical context and business needs
- Provide technical support for marketing initiatives through participation in proposals and marketing studies
- Work well in a highly matrix organization with primary interface with Sales, CIO, CTO and CMO organizations
- 5 to 10 years of proven experience in the functional technical domains of Network, Cloud and Enterprise Architecture.
- Innovative thought leader, entrepreneurial, and recognized in the industry through channels such as social media for authoring white papers, or public speaking engagements.
- Ideal candidate will have a background in pre-sales consulting and solutions selling in building and designing global Enterprise network architectures, content distribution networks, hybrid cloud computing and interconnection, and Enterprise infrastructure solutions for server and storage.
- Substantial cloud and telecommunications experience required; technical and commercial knowledge of network operator topologies, Global Cloud Service Providers’ IaaS / PaaS / SaaS computing platforms, and IP/BGP routing.
Candidates will have a strong technical expertise in one of the following domains:
- Substantial telecommunications experience required; technical and commercial knowledge of Tier 1/2 ISPs topology and architecture and IP routing is required.
- Proficient in router and switch features and configuration, BGP and other routing protocols, performance measurement, tuning and scaling, and reliability and security techniques.
- Experience with Network Peering, CDN’s, fault tolerant designs, and QOS mapping
- Proficient with common networking telecom concepts: routing and switching protocols, MPLS and IPVN services
- Experience with SD-WAN and NFV technologies
- Public, Private and Hybrid cloud services design and deployment methodologies and reference architectures
- Software-Defined and API-driven interconnection solutions, OpenStack, OpenFlow and network automation and virtualization
- Well-versed with any of the Global Cloud Service Providers’ (CSP) IaaS / PaaS / SaaS solutions stack and use cases
- Must have a thorough understanding of, and experience with, servers, storage, layer 3 networking and enterprise software. Solid understanding of the entire OSI stack
- On-prem and hybrid Storage Platform technologies
- Bachelors degree or equivalent industry experience
- Possesses undergraduate degree in a related field (business, technical, professional
- Certifications highly regarded
- Advanced industry certifications in lieu of degree (Example: CCNP, MCSA / MCSE, AWS SA – Associate / Professional)
- Candidate will exhibit confidence and influence when presenting verbal and written proposals to prospects, structuring consulting agreements, and be comfortable developing SOWs and related consulting deliverables.
- Candidate must be comfortable handling all phases of a consulting engagement, and will ideally show potential to attract and manage additional talent over time.
- Candidate will be comfortable speaking at conferences, acting as an authority in his field, and prospecting from industry events.
- Demonstrate strong listening and collaboration skills for uncovering unmet customer technology-based needs and translating the requirements into strategic solutions
- High motivational level and appetite for fast-paced team environment; readily adaptable to changing market and organization requirements
- Results oriented