As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The ideal candidate will work in the Corporate and Investment Bank Technology group as a hands-on full stack developer passionate about solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. Candidate will be focused on projects that are aimed at building out strategic digitization initiatives & improvements and will have an opportunity to work with multiple business lines and technical teams in order to develop the firm’s strategic technical roadmap. The candidate should have a proven track record of application development with skills in Java, distributed technology and building scalable robust resilient systems. The candidate will be required to apply the depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of software development lifecycle, agile scrum principles and adopt agility. The candidate should possess excellent communication and analytical skills and be able to build strong partnership with stakeholders across business and technology teams.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- At least 9 years of hands-on experience in developing and delivery enterprise software
- Experience in Full-Stack Java Application development and distribution, including frameworks like Spring, JPA, Java 8/11 features, REST services and messaging
- Proficiency in modern web development (ReactJS and/or Angular)
- Experience working with SQL database Oracle and/or NoSQL database Cassandra
- Experience with messaging technologies such as MQ, Kafka
- Experience to build and define system based on DDD Event and/or API based Microservice architecture
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Experience in event driven design patterns and cloud ready 12 factor design based application
- Strong focus on automated testing with good knowledge of TDD, BDD and Unit testing. Hands-on experience in frameworks such as Junit, Mockito, Cucumber, Jest.
- Proven experience in SCM and CI/CD tools such as Bitbucket, Jenkins and Maven & Unix shell scripting for automate deployment
- Experience in Agile software methodologies
- Experience in ensuring stability of the application in production and maintain/support by quickly analyzing the issue and suggesting alternate workaround or fix
- Ability to work collaboratively in a distributed team, promote culture of inclusiveness and diversity
- Excellent communication skills, keen to learn and able to take Initiative and ownership of end to end task
- Able to think analytically and provide alternative or innovative solution to the problem that improves efficiency in development and maintenance
- Demonstrate keen focus on development modernization by embracing latest technologies and practices and taking initiative to research and learn
- Exposure in resiliency and scalability test and prepare & conduct Performance testing using tools like Dynatrace, Jmeter
- Exposure in Cloud based application development – platform or container based such as Kubernetes
- Exposure in OAuth based authentication and API gateway
- Exposure to Splunk and Elastic Search and Monitoring tools like Geneos
- Exposure to distributed caching mechanism
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.