As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The ideal candidate will work in the Corporate and Investment Bank Technology group as a hands-on full stack developer passionate about solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. Candidate will be focused on projects that are aimed at building out Asia strategic digitization initiatives and will have an opportunity to work with multiple business lines and multiple technical teams in order to develop the firm’s strategic technical roadmap. The candidate should have a proven track record of application development with skills in Java, distributed technology and building scalable robust resilient systems. The candidate will be required to apply the depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of software development lifecycle, understand agile principles and adopt agility in development.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 6 years of hands-on experience in developing and delivery enterprise software.
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Experience in Full-Stack Java Application development and distribution, including Spring Framework, Java 8 features, REST web services.
- Proficiency in modern web development (ReactJS and/or Angular) and Microservice architecture.
- Hands-on experience in SQL database Oracle and/or NoSQL database Cassandra.
- Experience with middleware/messaging technologies such as MQ, JMS, Kafka etc. and exposure to event driven design patterns.
- Proven experience in SCM and CI tools such as Bitbucket, Jenkins and Maven & Unix shell scripting.
- Strong focus on automated testing with good knowledge of TDD, BDD and Unit testing. Hands-on experience in frameworks such as Junit, Mockito & Cucumber.
- Experience in Agile software methodologies.
- Demonstrate keen focus on development modernization by embracing latest technologies and practices and taking initiative to research and learn.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a distributed team, promote culture of inclusiveness and diversity.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong partnership with stakeholders across business and technology teams.
- Experience in Cloud based application development, container-based micro service architecture, container orchestration platforms (such as Kubernetes) and distributed caching mechanism will be added advantage.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.