The role is in a critical front office facing application which is across many asset classes including Fixed Income, Hedge Funds, Mutual Funds and Equities etc. As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
- Will be part of high-caliber development team that works closely with business stakeholders in wealth management side to deliver end to end solutions
- Able to work individually or as part of co-located team/globally distributed team to achieve on time delivery of projects
- Will be responsible for full software development life cycle –Requirement gathering, design, coding, deployment management, production issue management
- Adhere to best development standards e.g. TDD/BDD, CICD
- Deliver high quality code including 90%+ Code coverage
- Build cloud native applications using private, public, hybrid cloud technologies
- Willingness to learn and adopt to new technology and tool sets
- Learn finance domain to work closely with business stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 5 or more years of software development experience using Java tech stack, including but not limited to: Core Java, Spring or Spring Boot, Junit, Mockito
- Experience with one or more UI technologies, preferably Angular or React
- Experience with one or more database technologies, e.g. Oracle, Sybase and ArangoDB
- Experience in building REST APIs
- Knowledge of test-driven development and testing frameworks
- Knowledge of one or more cloud technologies like Cloud foundry, AWS
- Knowledge of one or more messaging technologies, e.g. Kafka, IBM MQ
- Knowledge of data formats like JSON, XML
- Experience in Agile development methodologies
- Experience in version control tools like SVN, GIT
- Ability to innovate, High level of motivation to get things delivered
- Strong interpersonal skills and team building attitude
Good to have
- Experience in Wealth Management domain
- Knowledge on container technologies like Kubernetes, Docker
- Knowledge on building Micro services
- Experience with distributed caches like GemFire, ehCache, Hazelcast
- Knowledge on monitoring tools like Splunk, Dynatrace
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It’s our mission to efficiently take care of our clients’ wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Our team of agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.