At Jacobs, our Power Solutions team is geared towards providing a more integrated approach offering end-to-end service to support our clients in energy networks, thermal generation, renewable generation and storage solutions space. We are helping our clients meet the challenges faced in countries and cities across the globe, providing innovative solutions from replacing conventional thermal power plants with renewable energy to developing demand side management strategies.
We are looking for a Floating Solar Expert who will undertake and lead technical due diligence roles for project financing, undertake conceptual design and specification for floating solar as well as untilty scale and C&I projects, Prepare feasibility studies, Establish technical specifications and tender documents, Undertake construction-phase site inspections and report on quality and progress, maintain strong relationships with clients through successful project delivery and industry networking, contribute to business growth through preparation of bids and proposals, networking and business development.
The Floating Solar Expert will work collaboratively with other members of the team to deliver solution focused outcomes, identify cross business opportunities, lead project teams and provide environment to improve productivity and group success.
Here's What You'll Need:
The Floating Solar Expert must have the following qualifications:
- Experience in renewable energy consulting business with focus on solar and floating solar projects in all project phases
- Floating solar designing capabilities, e.g interpretation of bathymetry studies, mooring and anchoring as well as design optimization of entire plants.
- Experience with modelling and simulation of solar assets in PVsyst
- Experience in management of multi-disciplinary project teams
- Track record of delivering projects involving teams and at times under time pressure.
- Willingness to expand skills and experience and to use existing skills in unfamiliar industries.
- Client service and business development orientation.
- High standards of work planning, organisation and delivery.
- High skill level in oral and written communication.
Additional knowledge and skills that will be well-regarded:
- Experience solar PV project development
- Understanding of project financing for power projects
Jacobs. A world where you can.