Who we are
Johnson Controls is the global leader for smart, healthy and sustainable buildings. At Johnson Controls, we’ve been making buildings smarter since 1885, and our capabilities, depth of innovation experience, and global reach have been growing ever since. Today, we offer the world’s largest portfolio of building products, technologies, software, and services; we put that portfolio to work to transform the environments where people live, work, learn and play.
This is where Johnson Controls comes in, helping drive the outcomes that matter most. Through a full range of systems and digital solutions, we make your buildings smarter. A smarter building is safer, more comfortable, more efficient, and, ultimately, more sustainable. Most important, smarter buildings let you focus more intensely on your unique mission. Better for your people. Better for your bottom line. Better for the planet. We’re helping to create a healthy planet with solutions that decrease energy use, reduce waste and make carbon neutrality a reality.
Sustainability is a top priority for our company. We committed to invest 75 percent of new product development R&D in climate-related innovation to develop sustainable products and services. We take sustainability seriously. Achieving net zero carbon emissions before 2040 is just one of our commitments to making the world a better place.
What you will do:
You will be a part of a performance driven culture at Johnson Controls. Your role will report to National Sales Manager – Detection ANZ. Responsible for the promotion and selling of services and products of the Fire Detection business unit to meet its financial targets. As the Area Sales Manager you will be responsible for sales management and handle complexities of relationship selling. Your background in fire and security industry will help manage all performance activity, planning and sales processes. You will coach sellers and identify and qualify opportunities. You report and collaborate across business channels where required.
How you will do it:
- Maximise revenue from allocated sales territory and keep abreast of competitive activity and trends in market place
- Own objective setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives.
- Target and manage existing accounts in order to maximise revenue, gross margin and customer retention..
- Undertake face to face presentation to clients for specific service and product offerings.
- Prepare tenders, sales quotations and major propsals as required, in accordance with company standards.
- Regularly update customer Salesforce with opportunities, customer visits, quotations etc.
What are we looking for:
- Tertiary qualifications in Business or Marketing is not essential, but would be beneficial
- Prior Fire Detection experience is required.
- Must have a technical aptitude.
- 5 years experience in developing business with new and existing customers within the building services industry would be beneficial
Diversity & Inclusion
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion starts with our values. We lead with integrity and purpose, focusing on the future and aligning with our customers’ vision for success. Our High-Performance Culture ensures that we have the best talent that is highly engaged and eager to innovate. Our D&I mission elevates each employee’s responsibility to contribute to our culture. It’s through these contributions that we’ll drive the mindsets and behaviors we need to power our customers’ missions. You have the power. You have the voice. You have the culture in your hands.