If you are interested in this position, please click on the link below to apply on Cisco career site.
The Business Entity
The Technology and Quality organization is responsible for delivering customer-driven quality and reliability solutions and infrastructure for Cisco products. It is committed to driving a competitive advantage for Cisco by ensuring innovation and excellence in manufacturing technology, test and component engineering, NPI, and closed-loop quality management.
Candidate will be a part of the Cisco's Root Cause Failure Analysis team, which plays a critical role in ensuring high product quality. This includes managing product Failure Analysis and Root Cause test for each successive generation of products and involvement with Cisco HW/SW engineering and Supply Chain teams.
Role & Responsibilities
- Deep understand the product specifications, features as well as the networking standard to develop a specific fault duplication and fault isolation strategy.
- Provide technical leadership for the Failure Analysis engineering of Cisco’s Switching and Nexus platform.
- Live traffic design and configuration for the unit under test to stress the unit to the maximum bandwidth and speeds also verify all protocols and networking features that are implemented on hardware.
- Customization for the diagnostics software environmental parameters and the way it runs to provide best and fastest fault duplications and isolation of failure mode.
- Drive for improvements in the accuracy of the fault duplication and isolation, including hard to reproduce and intermittent failures.
- Lead the Failure Analysis cases review meeting with Cisco teams and suppliers.
- Engage Design engineering and communicate finding and resolutions of issues.
- Organize, plan, track and close-out design, components, manufacturing issues associated with the products.
- Participate in initiatives to enhance existing test strategies, methodologies and test/diagnostic coverage for field returns to drive for improvements in the accuracy of the fault duplication and isolation.
- Work with Cisco engineering teams to define FA test requirements and strategy for new released products.
- Lead by example, hands on develop the technical capabilities at the FA sites. Mentor other EMS FA engineers.
- Broad knowledge of different technologies, total system perspective of how networking devices interoperate.
- Ability to decode hardware related router/switch error messages and trace message to hardware component error checker.
- Ability to simulate customer network failures and identify the failures in complex systems, subsystems and components.
- Comprehensive knowledge of IEEE Networking standards, and technology.
- Experience in setting up and troubleshooting routers and switches in different network topologies.
- Able to analyze failure logs, NVRAM content, and failure dumps based on the spec.
- Ability to analyzing and map the customer’s configuration/failure scenario into the FA setup for customer problem recreation.
- Hands on experience on routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP etc) and ability to configure and test underlying hardware.
- Experience creating protocol/traffic patterns which target specific network element hardware.
- Hands on experience on troubleshooting high complexity HW and ability to isolate to the defective component(s).
- Experience scripting and automations, Python, TCL, Perl.
- Strong background and experience in testing methodology, test development and test execution and report generation.
- Knowledge of ATE test development.
- Experience in structured programming.
- Experience using software development and debug tools.
- Typically requires BSEE/CS plus 8+ yrs related experience, or a MSEE/CS combined with 5+ years of related experience in the HW/SW/Networking field.
- Cisco Networking Certification a plus.
- Demonstrated success in leading teams with several key areas of responsibility including new product test strategy, product quality, and test development/deployment.
- The individual must demonstrate strong technical background in HW, SW, Networking and Failure Analysis.