Exp. Market Risk Manager #154435
Hong Kong | Full-time (FT) |
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
The team has an opportunity for a risk professional in Hong Kong (VP level) in the electronic trading risk management function within the APAC MRM team to work with front office and different risk functions in executing its risk strategy with respect to algorithmic trading strategies, systems, governance and control framework.
We are a department that values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and are committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
Core tasks will involve
- Provide 2 LoD review and challenge to the business with respect to the electronic trading business
- Assess Procedures around electronic trading and electronic execution (including pre-trade controls, direct market controls, sponsored access controls)
- Assess Desk Procedures and workflow (i.e. list of systems used, change & approval processes for fat finger checks, protocols, documentation)
- Identify material risks and vulnerabilities in the electronic trading space in the APAC region and make recommendation for the accurate improvements on the control.
- Assess and approve relative change request and perform model validation where required.
- Implement the pre-trade controls and performing control testing as needed.
- Challenge front office business specialists on their requested level of risk appetite
- Ensuring that APAC electronic trading risk management practices are fully aligned with regulatory requirements
- Perform incident review as required
- Take up ad-hoc assignments and related tasks where required
- Assisting in the cross-training to other MRM team members
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- 5 ~ 7 years’ experience in market risk management, risk monitoring, scenario design, stress testing or implementation of Risk Appetite Frameworks. Master or Bachelor Degree holder in Statistics, Quantitative Finance, Risk Management or relevant field
- Outstanding trading product knowledge in either one product area or good product knowledge across a wide range of products as well as experience in cross-functional portfolio analytics
- Decent knowledge about the Algorithmic trading or electronic trading. Individual would ideally have previous experience related algorithmic trading or quantitative finance based role with the relevant experience required to perform the main duties.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to operate autonomously, drive a project / task forward and produce an end state product that can be presented to senior management
- Post graduate qualifications within a relevant field i.e. CFA, FRM, PRIMA along with proficient programming skills (Python, R, VBA)
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative whilst also working collaboratively and deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Equal Opportunity Statement
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Embracing diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success