Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today’s businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM’s clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client’s organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are building our GBS Security Practice, but we are missing one thing – you!
As Cloud Security Consultant you will be based in Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Brisbane or Canberra.
- Assess an organisation’s cloud readiness and advise clients on a cloud structure from any suitable available products on the market including hybrid cloud, AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud and Google Cloud.
- Work with senior client stakeholders to articulate and engage in strategy, road mapping and engagement methods
- Engage with stakeholders to define technical requirements
- Provide subject matter expertise on cloud security projects
- Own the overall architecture, design, scoping, deployment, delivery, maintenance, monitoring and management tasks within the cloud cybersecurity remit
- Work with the broader IBM team to leverage both local and global capabilities to do deliver business and technical outcomes.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ability to think like a malicious hacker when advising and designing cloud security transformation
- Ability to think like a business executive, manage security team members and communicate effectively with key stakeholders
- Design knowledge and experience in advising on suitable cloud architecture, especially in hybrid environments
- Cloud Security Strategy Development & Implementation
- A hands-on knowledge of security standards, such as NIST CSF, ACSC Essential Eight, ISO 27001 and the ability to implement them
- Cyber Risk & Mitigation
- Demonstrating a deep understanding of risk and change management, security policies and controls, user account life-cycle management, roles-based access, access management and the cloud tools and systems that are used to deliver these capabilities.
- Leading or working as a team member with client personnel and other IBM teams to identify functional requirements and subsequently working with or in some instances leading others in the identification, justification and design of the client’s solution
- Lead and/or participate in a wide range of design activities, from requirements analysis through systems, application and/or process design specification and implementation.
- Knowledge of information security controls such as Identity Management, Vulnerability management, Network security controls, Cloud security, etc in AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Develop and maintain best practice security policies, standards and procedures, embedding security and risk awareness across the business
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure configuration and deployment
- Lead a team of high level security specialists and advise delivery teams on security for cloud migrations and implementations
What experience do I need?
- Cloud security or cloud information management certifications
- Proven consulting experience across Cyber Security, Privacy, Data Protection and/or IT Risk
- Certified in one key cloud product with ability to understand others (such as IBM Cloud, AWS, Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud)
- Working knowledge of the NIST Cyber Security Framework and other related standards and controls
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.