About Johnson Controls
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 135,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat.
About this opportunity
Johnson Controls is the global leader for smart, healthy and sustainable buildings. Sustainability is a top priority for our company, and we are committed to invest 75 percent of new product development R&D in climate-related innovation to develop sustainable products and services.
Due to our strong focus on sustainability the Johnson Controls team is growing. We are looking for a Environmental Sustainable Design Engineer to join the team. This role will be a key part in the helping our customers achieve their sustainability goals.
The role responsibilities include:
- Provide technical, process and financial support during the design process.
- Lead the development of the customer business case for the conceptual solution.
- Conduct preliminary data collection & modelling as well as the detailed development of projects.
- Validate assumptions made during sales qualification steps.
- Coordinate outside partner(s) and operation’s team to build both a preliminary and detailed energy savings model, financial model (ROI), cost estimate and scope of work.
- Assist in preparing proposals and other customer communication documents.
- Utilize and develop specialized functional expertise as a development team member.
- For Specific Facility Improvement Measures, perform a detailed engineering or financial analysis to quantify cost savings or other customer benefits.
- Assist in technical or financial benchmarking as needed.
- Coordinate on-site data collection at customer facilities required to perform detailed development tasks.
- Participate in transition meetings with Operations to ensure project scope and objectives, timeline and customer requirements are properly understood.
What we are looking for:
- Degree in Business or Engineering.
- 3-5 years’ experience in designing / selling building systems, energy modelling, construction, or facility management
- Experience performing building modelling preferred CEM Certification Required
- Entry level function-specific licenses or certifications preferred.
- Demonstrated subject matter expert (SME) in a minimum of 20 Facility Improvement Measures required.
- Demonstrated vertical market expertise required.
- Possesses strong analytical capabilities and ability to manage tasks associated with development of projects.
- Fully competent in analysis and assessment of facility systems.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and is comfortable working in customer-facing situations.
- Proficient computer skills, including Office 365, eQUEST, EnergyPlus™, Microsoft Project, and various benchmarking tools.
Click on the APPLY button to submit your application in confidence.
Feel free to reach out for a confidential discussion on 0417 445 920- Amy.
JCI’s Diversity & Inclusion
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion starts with our values. We lead with integrity and purpose, focusing on the future and aligning with our customers’ vision for success. Our High-Performance Culture ensures that we have the best talent that is highly engaged and eager to innovate. Our D&I mission elevates each employee’s responsibility to contribute to our culture. It’s through these contributions that we’ll drive the mindsets and behaviors we need to power our customers’ missions. You have the power. You have the voice. You have the culture in your hands.