There’s never been a more exciting time to join us. It's a time of incredible progress at DuPont — a time of momentum. It's the time for change makers, for the doers and pioneers, to create essential innovations the world needs. We empower the world with essential innovations to thrive, we work together to invent a better now. So, bring your best self and join us in uncovering insights that will transform the world.
Introduction to the role
As an Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Lead, you are the subject matter expert and key custodian in upholding DuPont’s highest Safety & Health standard at our Jurong Island’s manufacturing plant. This is a high-hazardous plant that produces Zytel®. You define, document and implement all necessary EHS program to all teams on site. You play a key partnering role with our Operations Manager to ensure EHS programs and policy are adhered and followed-through on site. You should be a registered “Safety Officer” with the Ministry of Manpower and a certified “Fire Safety Manager” with the Singapore Civil Defense Force.
This role reports to Plant Manager. You will be the champion alongside your manager and colleagues to continue driving and advancing our core values on site. DuPont’s core values are Safety & Health, Respect for People, Highest Ethical Behaviour and Protect the Planet.
- Lead a small team of safety officers on site, ensure they are trained and certified with EHS requirements
- Lead and manage incident investigation and reporting, and to provide necessary preventative solution to respective team leads
- Responsible to implement and track all recommendations from first, second and third party EHS audits
- Support the EHS team in the overall planning, co-ordination and implementation of the site safety, occupational health, environmental, fire protection and emergency response programs and procedures to meet Singapore regulatory and DuPont’s EHS requirements
- Assist in the management of the site security and access systems
- Conduct safety inspections and act as a resource to respective team leaders for timely assistance on safety
- Assist in conducting Safety Orientation, Safety Induction Course and other safety related trainings
- Co-ordinate and assist the Inspection, Testing and Maintenance of Fire Protection and Emergency Response equipment
- Assist in the EHS Document and Data Management
- Prepare, Compile and Analyse the following Reports:
- Safety, Health and Environmental Performance Statistics and Metrics
- Incident Investigation Reports, Recommendations and Overdue Status
- Safety Audit & Inspection Statistics
- Monthly regulatory submissions
- Fire Safety Manager as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Fire Safety to determine compliance
Your Experience & Competencies
- Bachelor Degree in relevant discipline
- Minimum 8 years of working experience as health & safety officer in manufacturing, preferably in the chemical, semiconductor, oil & gas, utilities industry
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills to influence health and safety mindset on manufacturing site
- Strong leadership skill in driving team performance
- Registered as “Safety Officer” with the Ministry of Manpower and “Fire Safety Manager” with the Singapore Civil Defense Force is a must
- Knowledge in Process Safety Management (PSM) is highly advantageous
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information.