At Jacobs, we have curious minds! Issues inspire us to dig deeper and apply big data analytics to fully understand the interplay of multifaceted variables shaping the future, ensuring that we conceive and deliver solutions that connect people and places with the means to work smarter and live better, and make an enduring, positive difference in the world.
This position is responsible for supporting project/program activities as an Environmental Data Management (EDM) between ANZ and Philippines, with direct responsibility to the Project/Program Manager who maintains the primary client relationship and accountability. You will have the primary responsibility of performing EDM which involves in leading the development and implementation of data management solution services for various clients. You will support multi-discipline teams of client and consulting staff in developing enterprise environmental information solutions. In addition, you will be working with other members of our team, and lead in the design, steward, and deliver the complex technical EDM solutions. You are passionate about applying cutting edge technology. This individual will leverage on your strong understanding and background in environmental data, database, digitization and automation, and visualization skills while collaborating with technical experts in various other disciplines to apply these technologies on a variety of projects.
The following essential duties are;
- Works as a high-level technical expert in design, development, implementation, and testing of complex data management.
- Coordinates work load and tool development and implementation within Jacobs’ Asia Pacific region.
- Possesses the competency to work on all phases of data management. and significantly contributes to the implementation, adoption and development of data management and best practices.
- Administration of ESdat and data management troubleshooting and coordination with project management team
- Review of work (QA/QC) and be able to work in a dynamic team environment with scientists, planners, engineers, and technologists
Here’s What You’ll Need:
This position requires a self-motivated individual with hands-on ability to balance work on multiple tasks, strong leadership, communication (written and verbal), strong organizational skills. This subject matter expert requires the following;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Computer Science, Biology, Geology, Engineering, Geography, or directly related discipline.
- Experience in environmental field sampling, chemistry, analytical data validation, groundwater modeling, and/or data analysis is a plus.
- Significant experience with EDM and Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) COTS software such as EQuIS, ESDat, ENFOS, Enablon, Intelex or others.
- Data management experience through ESDat is a requirement for this position.
- Experience with ESRI GIS software use, implementation, and administration is a plus but is not required.
- Well versed with RDMS such as MS SQL Server with an ability to design and customize database schemas, write custom SQL for data querying, and provide custom reporting using SQL Server Reporting Services or comparable software solutions.
- Experience with business intelligence tools like MS Power BI.
- Good in setting up field teams for mobile data collection using Collector, EQuIS Collect, Survey123, FastField, and Trimble GPS equipment a plus.
- Experience with designing digital workflow ranging from mobile data collection and data engineering, to data warehousing, database management, and data visualization.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.