What you will do
- Lead the team of VAVE engineers to align with the JCI Global Products initiatives for cost reduction and performance improvement across JCI.
- Must understand the HVAC product, its functionality and product development process thoroughly. Inculcating the VAVE practices. Marketing VAVE capability across Global Engineering centres and convert them to projects.
- Build and maintain the VAVE processes. Need to support the VAVE team in achieving the desired results, with the potential of bringing business perspective to the organization.
- He/she should have broad experience in the manufacturing industry to be able to guide the team while developing cost models for various commodities like Plastic, Sheet metal, Casting, Machining, etc.He/she will collaborate with the cross functional members such as Procurement, Manufacturing, Engineering and Finance to identify and quantify cost gaps for improvement and delivering timely and accurate data and reports.
- Responsible to bring value on table with every project that is delivered.
How you will do it
- Conduct VAVE, product benchmarking, and teardown workshop to identify potential cost-saving improvements
- Development of product cost models: material usage, material cost, equipment requirements, labor requirements, cycle times, tooling and capital requirements for new business or changes to current product;
- Review complex bill of materials and manufacturing assumptions for reasonableness
- Communicate / Educate internal stakeholders and external supply base regarding the cost data
- Rate Development – typical manufacturing needs (process, labor, overhead, etc)
- Set cost targets of purchased items in support of Procurement activities
- Drive innovation culture in the team
- Mentoring of the team
- Manage timelines, risk, priorities and planned deliveries
- Accountable for key operational parameters utilization, productivity, schedule, efforts , quality and customer satisfaction for the delivery team
- Being accountable for complete project and delivery
- Knowledge of DFMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) and GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance)
What we look for
- B.E or B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- 12 - 15 years of experience in VAVE, product costing, financial analysis, cost reduction methods, DFMEA, DFx
- Expertise in various manufacturing processes – Sheetmetal, Plastic, Machining, Casting, Assembly process, etc.
- Strong computer skills, i.e., MS Office
- Interpersonal and team management skills
- Up to 15% travel might be required
- VAVE certification
- Good understanding of the HVAC equipment