Citi is more than a global financial services company. It’s an engine for progress. Join us, and you’ll have the chance to get involved in progress in all its shapes and forms, right across the world. From the micro to the macro, from Australia to Zambia, the work we do has real positive impact. Wherever you are and whatever you do, progress starts here.
We’ve built a world famous, trusted brand over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. And today, our influence continues to grow: with financial operations in 160 countries and 100 currencies. We have 200 million different clients, including some of the biggest names in the industries, sectors, businesses and governments that we serve every day. It all adds up to an exciting place to be for talented, ambitious people who want to build a truly remarkable career.
The HR Policy Lead is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within the field and contributes to directional strategy by considering application in their own job and the business. Successful candidates possess recognized technical authority for Human Resources and Employee Relations along with a strong understanding for business management and the application of Human Resources policies and practices. The role requires highly developed written and oral communication skills along with demonstrated ability to drive understanding and action through effective influencing of leaders across multiple functional areas. Deliverables include partnering with multiple stakeholders in the design, implementation, and communication of HR policy across the APAC region.
- Lead coordination with key stakeholders in the design, development, and implementation of HR policies.
- Regularly assess and update existing HR policies.
- Coordinate with HR and legal resources to manage HR policy dispensations and waivers.
- Develop and retain training and communication resources to support awareness and compliance with current and new HR policies.
- Facilitate annual reviews of Citi For You, HR Help Center, and Citi Policy Directory to ensure all posted HR policies, standards, and procedures are current.
- Coordinate with the HR Compliance & Control and legal organizations to analyze regulatory or legal updates, identify needed policy changes, and manage the update, implementation, and education of those changes.
- Maintain an inventory of HR policies across the APAC region.
- Partner with global colleagues to support consistent application of HR policies and identification of unique region or country level requirements.
- Partner with key regional stakeholders to support consistent interpretation of HR policies.
- Engage with partners in the assessment, development, and implementation of self-service content in Citi For You / HR Help Center platforms.
- Lead development and regular update of country level employment handbooks.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and across all functional areas.
- Exceptional writing skills, including the ability to synthesize complex topics to highlight key details and support consistent understanding.
- At least four years Employee Relations or HR experience or equivalent.
- Significant knowledge of employment policies, practices and employment law and regulations.
- Experience drafting material for a broad audience, including regular communications, training material, and formal documents.
- Ability to build solid relationships at all levels and influence collaborative outcomes.
- Self-motivated and with excellent attention to detail and time management.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Consistent demonstration of ownership and clearly holds self accountable for effective outcomes (driven to “do the right thing”).
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented, intense environment, and across multiple time zones.
- Fluent in English (writing and speaking) - Bi-lingual skills preferred
Citi Return To Work Programme Welcomes You If You Have:
- Taken a career break of 6 months or more*
- A degree or higher educational qualifications
- Relevant working experience
- Those currently working are also welcomed to apply
**When you are being redirected to Citibank career site, please make sure to choose “Halfthesky” under “Job Boards” when you fill in “How Did You Hear About Us?*” field, so we can follow up on your application directly with the Recruiter who’s responsible for the role.