At Jacobs, our Power Solutions team is geared towards providing a more integrated approach offering end-to-end service to support our clients in energy networks, thermal generation, renewable generation and storage solutions space. We are helping our clients meet the challenges faced in countries and cities across the globe, providing innovative solutions from replacing conventional thermal power plants with renewable energy to developing demand side management strategies.
- Has a sound understanding of technical fundamentals in the relevant Transmission Lines discipline (electrical, mechanical or structural) and is able to solve engineering problems from first principles for overhead lines at least 132kV.
- Has some understanding of Transmission Line standards, conceptual designs including relevant supporting design reports, detailed design drawings, reports, specifications, bills of materials and other documentation for works.
- The role will be based in Jacobs Mandaluyong office and will report to the Engineering Manager.
Here's What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Equivalent
- Keen to learn from running Transmission Line projects including coordination of multi-discipline team members at different geographical locations and keeping the design manager informed of progress and issues;
- Willingness to understand the risk associated with a design approach, ways to mitigate risks at early design stages and understanding the contingency approach in design solution.
- Maintains effective working relationships with multi-disciplinary professionals and designers within and across relevant teams and performance units.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally - and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
The role is based in Manila Sheridan Street, 16th Floor, South Tower, Rockwell Business Center Sheridan Sheridan Street, corner United St, Mandaluyong, 1550 Metro Manila, Philippines Sheridan Street cor. United Street Barangay Highway Hills, Mandaluyong City 15500.