Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter, more connected and more sustainable. In our life sciences work, that means designing spaces that foster innovation, cultivate collaboration and drive the next great discovery for humanity.
We welcome you to join our Pharmaceutical team in Singapore, as an Electrical Design Engineer. You will be the key member of the design team; will be responsible for the proper and timely execution in accordance with the control estimate and specific requirements of the project. Also responsible for ensuring that the Global policies, are followed and manage the activities as assigned by Group Lead / DM.
- Preparation, checking of electrical design deliverables like SLD, schematic, specification, data sheet, calculation, layouts, reports. Etc.
- Site survey to design and specify modification scope on existing system, perform adequacy check etc. for brown field projects.
- Inter discipline coordination.
- Participate in the Client meeting.
- Maintaining Hold List / Comments Log / Assumption List.
- RFI response, support during construction
- Client relationship management.
- Ensure Quality Management policy in place.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
To be a successful candidate, you shall possess:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering with minimum 5 years of working experience in Pharmaceutical/Chemical/FMCG. Engineering consultancy background will be an added advantage.
- Software Skills: ETAP / SKM, AutoCAD, Revit, Dialux/AGI32, Nevis work for 3D modeling.
- Experience in Electrical design skills for Single line diagrams, preparation of technical specifications of various high & low side electrical equipment like Substation, Transformer, Switchyards, Motor/Power control centers.
- Experience in Sizing and calculation for Earthing, Illumination, Cables (HV/LV), DG sets, UPS, power factor correction.
- Experience in Sizing of cable trays, bus ducts, Risk assessment of lightning protection of buildings and structures. Lighting and power design for cleanroom system
- Experience in the Design of ELV systems (fire alarm, PA, CCTV, ACS, Voice, and data)
- Ability to participate in client meetings, review 3D models using Navis work, guide designer to carry forward design.
- Knowledge of International Codes and Standards such as IEC, IEEE, BS, ANSI, IP, NEC, and IS. Advanced knowledge of Singapore local code
- A Singaporean working rights.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too –from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Jacobs complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of age, race, religion, language, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.