Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
About the role
As a solution architect, the incumbent will provide guidance and leadership to the Enterprise Risk Platform on technology stack, development and delivery practices. He/She will lead a development team of ~100 team members across multiple locations, for the implementation of key programs of work. One of the key programs of work takes an end-to-end view of the credit risk lifecycle and processing for the Bank. The programs of work are implemented on a cloud native architecture, DevOps practices, Agile delivery.
In the capacity of a Team Lead, the incumbent will identify and organize the right team members for the different outcomes; work with other development managers for driving the guidelines for recruitment and having the right training/learning inputs across multiple locations. To ensure delivery as per the guidelines and in alignment with the organizational direction.
- To drive continuous improvement, innovation and learning; provide guidance to different teams to drive towards fit-for-purpose application design – introduce new tools and technology (stacks, frameworks, languages) while driving consistency as appropriate
- Actively collaborate and spearhead initiatives with the Cloud Engineering Platform and EASRE (Enterprise Architecture and System Reliability Engineering), entities outside of DBS
- Identify the case for reuse and cross-leverage of components within and beyond the platform, MOT (Middle Office Technology)
- Evolve a culture of development excellence, innovation and delivering world class software solutions. Explore the creation of IP related to software solutions and design that can be leveraged beyond the Enterprise Risk Platform
- Build up and provide guidance to the development team/ guild with hands-on approach.Ensure development activities per target state architecture – examples being Microservice architecture, PaaS & IaaS models, 12 factor app & SRE principles
- Continuously improve and evolve comprehensive DevOps practices including Continuous Integration/ Continuous Deployment, Release Automation, Blue & Green deployments, Trunk based development, appropriate application telemetry and observability
- Manage regular communication with key stakeholders to ensure seamless and an integrated working model across locations, updates on the teams and book of work in keeping with Agile Way of Working
- More than 15 years’ IT experience, and experience in the relevant technology stack and architecture frameworks for at least 5 years
- Exposure on leading development teams on transformational and green-field programs of work
- Experience is delivering outcomes, experiments leveraging AI/ML
- Brings to the table experience and capability in creating a culture of innovation and experimentation
- Exposure to the financial services domain is desirable
- A member of communities/ forums in this space; publications and presentations in conferences and various forums is desirable
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.