Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we push the limits of what’s possible to make the world smarter, more connected and more sustainable. In our built environment work, that means designing spaces that foster innovation, cultivate collaboration and drive the next great discovery for humanity.
Bring your creativity, collaborative spirit and extreme attention to detail, and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can deliver extraordinary solutions for a better tomorrow, together.
- The purpose of this role is to maintain and perform Document Control protocols and processes according to the project procedures whilst providing guidance and input into the project Document Control team
- Print, file, distribute and control of design drawings and engineering documents (including specifications, lists and design data); preparation of transmittals and recording of all distribution information such as revision numbers, issue dates and destinations within the Document Control system;
- Ensure working files are kept up to date with most recent drawing revisions;
- Maintain Vendor document records;
- Record and log correspondence records inwards and outwards;
- Develop and maintain document control systems;
- Distribution by transmittal of all project information as required to contractors and SKM office
- Priorities Workload Demand;
- Provide timely turnaround of documentation flow including support to site Document Controllers (where applicable);
- Perform document control processes and procedures tailored to the project in accordance to the SKM Document Control Procedures;
- Identify & suggest improvements within the SKM Document Control processes according to the project requirements;
- Ensure compliance with quality standards in all tasks
- Gather information for Quality and other Audits
- Demonstrate client commitment to project delivery
- Maintain high work standards, minimize errors and attention to detail (concern
- for quality)
- work co-operatively and respect others’ opinions to achieve team objectives(teamwork)
- demonstrate flexibility in approach to work and workloads (flexibility)
- ability to perform steadily during peak workload (stress resistance)
- willing and able to respond to training and guidance (self-development)
- self-motivated with a proactive and creative approach
- ability to break down complex problems into component parts and organize the parts in a
- systematic way (analytical thinking)
- ability to understand, interpret and respond in a clear and concise manner (interpersonal understanding)
Here's What You'll Need:
- With project related experience, preferably on a global type of execution.
- Must have working knowledge and experience using Document Management Systems, Office application tools such as MS Excel
- Has a good understanding of the document life cycle
- Good organizational skills; ability to solve or troubleshoot document control issues
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments, if necessary.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.