Locations – Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai, Pune
The Director Sales serves as Johnson Control’s (JCI’s) authorized interface for some of JCI’s largest global existing and target customer’s with centralized decision making as well as leads and directs the overall JCI’s account management and strategy for an extremely important enterprise accounts portfolio across Asia Pacific region ensuring that JCI achieves annual business targets, maintains key customer relationships and acts as the customer’s JCI regional point of contact.
In addition, responsible to be one of the business development sales leads for the global strategic account team covering all solution areas of Security / Fire / HVAC / Building Controls / Energy Solutions / Digital Solutions.
What you will do:
- Working with the existing JCI business units and geographical regions to determine existing customers that may have the potential to become global enterprise accounts, qualify their global potential, build the necessary internal and client relationships to expand our existing business relationships globally.
- Maintain excellent relationships with multiple stakeholders within the customer’s organization, acting as the customer’s regional point of contact, ensuring high customer satisfaction and ensuring that JCI remains as a trusted partner.
- Target multinational companies in all vertical segments for net new global enterprise accounts through effective prospecting / targeting, qualifying and relationship development.
- Develop new areas of business with the customer, expanding the number of solutions and services currently being offered to the customer, helping the customer to their win increased business with their own clients.
- Building and maintaining internal relationships within sales, operations and service functional areas as well as coordinating with numerous internal contacts in all regions of the world is a requirement to ensure successful pre and post-sales support of our client’s needs.
- Report to the director of Business Development for the Global Strategic Accounts team and will be expected to work effectively with peers, create / update on a quarterly basis and share strategic target account plans, hold quarterly business / pipeline reviews and maintain an accurate and up-to-date pipeline in order to meet or exceed annual sales objectives.
- Work with Business Support Operations and Finance to routinely report on business performance, crafting detailed presentations to accurately report on the health of the B2B agreement.
- Responsible for managing the regional opportunity pipeline – tracking opportunities to ensure increased win rates, supporting local teams in achieving this by leveraging customer relationships and sharing best-practice sales-related activities. Maintain account meeting cadence, coordinating regular account meetings by regional and country to ensure timely activities and reporting on sales opportunities.
- Harmonize efforts with global B2B agreement management team, aligning strategies to ensure consistency and team success.
- Maintain and continue to build strategic relationships with the customer’s senior stakeholders, identifying new strategies to improve market performance. Facilitate joint working groups to aid mutual growth.
- Leading Sales Program Management to support the customer’s objectives.
- Supports Enterprise growth strategies in emerging markets as required.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or relevant education.
- 15+ years of sales/business development experience in the Fire, Security or HVAC industry preferred.
- Strategic Target Account Planning and end-user relationship management skills.
- Strong relationship development skills and a proven business development track record.
- Ability to influence globally, strong EQ (Emotional Intelligence Skills).
- International customer relationship management experience is a definite asset.
- Multiple languages is a definite asset but not essential.
- Experience working with major customers in China and Asia Pacific region
- Ability to make decisions individually and/or as part of a team.
- High levels of integrity, honesty and professionalism.
- Ability to comprehend and make significant contributions to development of business plans, including marketing strategies.
- Entrepreneurial attitude, leadership abilities and ability to be a team player at all levels.