Are you looking to be at the forefront of digital transformation by being part of a company that provides flexibility, scalability and connectivity to its 9500+ customers across 5 continents? Is your Marketing background based on helping businesses grow through integrated marketing, effective team management and strategic marketing?
Equinix has an opportunity for an experienced Marketing Director, based in Japan, with responsibility for the creation and execution of Equinix Japan’s marketing strategy with the aim of driving and achieving aggressive revenue growth targets. This will be achieved by focusing on lead generation, sales and partner enablement and brand awareness. As a global player, Equinix connects the world’s leading businesses to their customers, employees and partners inside the most interconnected datacentres. With our state of the art data centres in markets across the Asia Pacific, Equinix is where companies come together to realise new opportunities and accelerate their business, IT and cloud strategies.
What is the role about?
As Marketing Director, you will be a central member of the Japan management team contributing to overall sales and marketing strategy. In addition, you will act as glue between the Global and APAC Marketing organizations and the local sales team.
You will be responsible for the localization and implementation of global marketing programs in Japan in order to generate inbound and outbound quality leads and support the Japan sales team through fully integrated campaign orchestration (via events, channel marketing, market research, advertising, market segmentation, social media, PR, channel marketing, database development and digital marketing.) This includes Customer Acquisition Programs and Customer Retention and Key Account Programs.
The role will require you to create and execute a local marketing plan in support of global, APAC and Japan-specific programs that delivers a localized approach working directly with the Sales Managers in each vertical.
Additional elements to the role are:
- Lead a marketing team
- Identify, plan and measure ROI for key activities through a closed loop marketing process.
- Work in close conjunction with the APAC Programs team to represent the Japan market requirements for programs which include customer retention, acquisition and existing customer growth
- Work in close conjunction with the APAC Marketing Operations team to report on goals and key success metrics including marketing ROI
- Create and execute a marketing strategy for the Japan Managed Services portfolio
- Work in close conjunction with the APAC Programs team, vertical subject matter experts and Japan sales and leadership team to identify and target select key accounts for acquisition or where it is deemed there is substantial potential for growth
- Roll out highly targeted marketing programs to these organizations to encourage strategic engagement with Equinix. Plan and execute high impact product/solution/service launches within the Japan geography.
- Work in collaboration with the APAC Central Marketing functions to ensure the delivery of assets and activities for the Japan market. These functions include PR, Marcoms, digital/web, brand.
- Work with APAC and Global Vertical Marketing teams to ensure the Japan sales team is educated and up-to-speed on all competitor and market analysis studies.
- Work closely with the Japan sales teams, Leadership team, APAC Marketing Ops and APAC Sales Ops to measure/track lead performance accurately using Marketing Automation and CRM tools (Marketo, SFDC)
- Manage the spend of the Japan Marketing budget appropriately across the year to achieve the Japan Marketing objectives
- You have 7-10 years’ marketing experience with a B2B technology, software, technology services, telco, hardware or similar organization, ideally with a high value service or product.
- Experience of managing a delivery-focused marketing team, including career progression planning, performance appraisals and individual employee engagement and motivation.
- Proven experience in effective planning, executing and tracking lead generation activities and working closely with sales teams to drive lead conversion. Specific experience required in closed loop marketing process (e.g. Marketo and SFDC).
- You have excellent and effective communications skills, both orally and in writing with strong coaching and people management skills
- Ability to think strategically but willingness to 'get hands dirty' as part of a team.
- Comfortable with levels of role and program ambiguity associated with high growth environments
- Solid track record in field marketing with mix of corporate and entrepreneurship background is an advantage
- Able to operate in a performance driven organization
- Culturally aware and adept at working across multiple geographies
- Fluent in English and Japanese language
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.