Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
A career at Equinix means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
Global Customer Care and Experience (GCCX) continues to grow and evolve. Our team is tasked with helping customers realize the full business value of our platform of services through creative and innovative thinking and decisive action. We ensure that our customer’s needs are met or exceeded by putting the customer at the center of everything we do. The GCCX Customer Success team has an opening for the role of Director, Customer Success Management for the Asia-Pacific region. This role will report to V.P. of Global Customer Success Management and will lead a team of ~50 Customer Success Managers (CSMs) with local managers in country. You will be responsible for helping develop and execute on the strategic vision of the team by empowering and motivating this high-impact and diverse team.
This position will be responsible for, but not limited to the following specific duties:
- Provide leadership, guidance, and mentoring to the Customer Success team which includes managers and individual contributors
- Build and maintain a customer success management function that is highly motivated and excited to deliver world class client support
- Achieve target client satisfaction objectives across several sources of input (Transaction Surveys, Relationship surveys, other touch points)
- Lead programs to help drive customer adoption and consumption of Equinix services through an understanding of the customer use case and objectives
- Promote and support executive or corporate sponsored programs across the customer success function to achieve objectives
- Identify opportunities and develop/implement solutions to enhance the customer experience and improve customer satisfaction – be the customer advocate
- Ensure the GCCX organization in the Asia-Pacific region has the necessary representation in service-related incidents and business continuity planning exercises
- Manage and optimize CSM alignment policies and account base distribution with minimal negative impact to customers and sales teams
- Engage in the customer escalation process and postmortems as needs dictate
- Participate in strategic or highly visible customer meetings, Executive briefings, and quarterly business reviews to gain the customer perspective
- Establish key performance metrics to measure success for the Customer Success Management function. Collaborate with the GCCX Enablement team to build dashboards to track team performance
- Be a key stakeholder and contributor to defining Equinix global Customer Success Management standards
- Partner with GCCX Enablement and business process team to ensure Customer Success Management staff is trained and knowledgeable on all tasks
Qualifications & Experience
- Extensive management experience leading a Customer Success, Account Management or Customer Care function
- Ability to balance, manage and prioritize both proactive and reactive team workload
- Experience in the Asia Pacific region working in close collaboration with Sales, Operations and other cross functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Experience in a technical industry; preferably IT, telecommunications or data centers
- Passion for leading highly effective teams in a high growth and rapidly changing environment, change management experience is preferred
- Strong negotiation and team-building skills with the ability to create consensus among cross functional teams and leaders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels of Equinix and customer organizations
- Effective presentation capability and style for all levels of the organization
- The ability to act locally/regionally while thinking and collaborating globally with peers to ensure global consistency for our CSM organization
- Technical aptitude and understanding of the technical service industry preferred
- Requires strong decision making, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- An embodiment of Equinix’s culture which combines a recognition of extraordinary opportunity with extraordinary people who are authentic, humble, gritty, informal, and fun with a passion for winning
- Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally