Who we are
Johnson Controls is the global leader for smart, healthy and sustainable buildings. At Johnson Controls, we’ve been making buildings smarter since 1885, and our capabilities, depth of innovation experience, and global reach have been growing ever since. Today, we offer the world’s largest portfolio of building products, technologies, software, and services; we put that portfolio to work to transform the environments where people live, work, learn and play.
This is where Johnson Controls comes in, helping drive the outcomes that matter most. Through a full range of systems and digital solutions, we make your buildings smarter. A smarter building is safer, more comfortable, more efficient, and, ultimately, more sustainable. Most important, smarter buildings let you focus more intensely on your unique mission. Better for your people. Better for your bottom line. Better for the planet. We’re helping to create a healthy planet with solutions that decrease energy use, reduce waste and make carbon neutrality a reality.
Sustainability is a top priority for our company. We committed to invest 75 percent of new product development R&D in climate-related innovation to develop sustainable products and services. We take sustainability seriously. Achieving net zero carbon emissions before 2040 is just one of our commitments to making the world a better place.
What you will do
The Director, Product & Solutions, Controls domain will drive the share of our product market share in the region in our new and existing install base. Proactively lead in expanding our product portfolio by driving investment through localization, OEM and new product development for APAC markets. Ensures good alignment of the product portfolio with APAC growth strategy. Responsible for proposing investment or de-investment in products and concept projects based on the defined strategy, market data, cost and schedule. Product portfolio management has the responsibility of strategically overseeing all of the products with the domain.
How you will do it
- Customer elicitation to gather input on market and product needs to feed strategic plans, product roadmaps and product requirements
- Partnering with global / regional product and technology teams to align and structure strategic investments within Global PBUs (Product business unit).
- Build APAC product and application portfolio for geographic markets to increase our share and market penetration. Drive APAC product strategy with PBUs (global product business units).
- Manage resolution of product gaps/feature gaps working closely with PBUs.
- Expand product line: Localization /OEM sourcing to complete APAC portfolio with strong partnership with Procurement & Manufacturing.
- Manage priorities to bring the right level of attention and budget to the projects that will have the most significant impact on the portfolio
- Development of business case & evaluation associated with new product opportunities
- Single point of escalation on Product Portfolio & feature gaps for APAC with PBUs
- Product line pricing strategy and competitive pricing analysis. Product line profitability analysis, including annual revenues & gross margins
- Manage PBU product catalog (Product Mapping for markets, Price Setting). Build product positioning guidelines, relevant battle cards and marketing collateral.
- Managing product and technology communications ensuring stakeholders are informed of investment planning, changes, and execution progress across the programs.
- Overseeing quarterly product performance reviews across all global products and evaluate overall progress across product portfolios and product line success
What we look for
- Degree in Engineering/Business or equivalent relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of digital Product/Portfolio Management with more than 15 years of relevant experience in the Controls domain, market & customer segmentation analysis
- Ability to prioritize, take a high-level view, and adjust when needed. Strong strategic leadership and influencing skills.
- Digital acumen and fluency to be able to integrate a host of digitally-enabled applications (e.g., digital connectivity, IoT).
- Global acumen with demonstrated success collaborating and influencing across regions.
- Strong ability to synthesize the needs of the customer to develop new offerings and deliverables.
- Demonstrated expertise as a cross-functional thinker and collaborator.
- Comfortable in driving cross functional teams and working in a matrix organization
- Strong business acumen with experience managing a P&L.
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Motivated, self-starter who works well independently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both internally and dealing with external stakeholders.
- Success working in cross functional teams.
- Experience in effective relationship/conflict management.
- Demonstrated Customer Service mindset.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power point software.
- May need to travel overseas as and when required.
What you will love about Johnson Controls:
- We’ve been dedicated to protecting the environment since our invention of the electric thermostat in 1885, which provided a fundamental shift in the energy efficiency of buildings. Now, all over the world, our products and services empower customers and communities to consume less energy and conserve resources.
- Global, innovative, industry leader
- Embraces diversity
- Growth opportunities abound
- Fast-paced, evolving company, always learning, always adapting
- Great benefits; including Healthcare related wellness discounts, great 401k match, company-funded retirement program, vacation, sick time, floating holidays and national holidays