What you will do
Johnson Controls APAC IT is looking for an experienced Senior Cloud Solution Architect,reporting directly to the VP of IT, Asia Pacific. With a background in computer science and experienced of service-oriented architecture, delivering consumer-facing offerings, software, cloud technologies and platform.Beyond solutioning this role will also influence APAC Digital Solution Product portfolio and strategies supporting all related emerging digital technologies.
Technical Leadership and Digital Transformation Experience
Understand current Data platform and provide overall feedback and customer requirements for product improvements, modernization and execution. Hands on execution of Pilots and POCs related to APAC IT data platform and work with partners and internal APAC IT team. Provide strong support and technical expertise regarding solutions and architecture recommendations related to JCI’s current Digital Solutions (Data platform, AI and Machine learning). Become the technical lead of JCI’s Digital solution framework, applications and offering (OpenBlue Platform) within APAC.
How you will do it
Architecture and Delivery Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership to coordinate, prioritize and deliver solutions.
- Stakeholder management with Key LOB stakeholders to execute current and future Data platform projects
- Drive implementation and delivery of large-scale enterprise customer projects.
- Ability to consume and communicate complex processes into tangible and actionable items
- Enable customer commitments while providing leadership on platform evolution and maturity.
- Understand service inter-dependencies and lead cross-functional teams towards technical solutions for multi-tiered systems
- Clarify, prioritize and drive project commitments as well as establish and maintain clear chains of accountability
- Articulate program goals, desired outcomes, risks/issues and mitigation plan clearly
Accountable for overall project success by ensuring the following tasks are executed by the team:
- Ensure successful project delivery by other functional IT solution delivery team.
- Ensure project timelines is followed and cost is within budget
- Integrate quality practices in all aspects of technology delivery; audit work products to ensure quality and sustainability
- Maintain appropriate documentation, traceability, and configurations; follow record retention policies
- Provide IT performance results to business managers in the form of portfolio status update and tracking the realization measures by conducting performance audits
Drive Digital Transformation and Digital Solution Awareness:
Engage with Business Units in the respective region at all levels. Provide strategic consultation and advisory to business groups on IT solutions and drive near term/long term IT investment planning. Partner with business to innovate and drive continuous improvement enabled by IT solutions Lead the initiation process applying risk/value techniques and business analysis expertise to understand requirements, shape initial requests, provide high-level estimates of effort and cost, etc.
Understand the current and future business roadmap to provide the right solutions to drive success. Influence key stakeholders, team members and peers without direct hierarchical authority, to align and drive optimal technology solutions which meet business objectives and expected outcome. Manage and collaborate cross-functional global IT teams to deliver IT solutions to the business in a dynamic global environment.
- Responsible for building enthusiasm and momentums for mid/long term wins in digital space among business lines
- Support establishment of new digital enabled businesses (managed globally）in Asia Pacific region.
- Champion digital technical roadmap, especially the integration to back end legacy systems.
- Champion digital investments and set digital business goals
- Facilitate the discoveries of technologies, comprehend and articulate relevance and conceptualize use cases to business units leaders to grasp the viability and values of these technology to enable new opportunities in market, product, customer or business model
- Act as an advisor and Digital Solution Architect, lead JCI in building a sustainable digital landscape for internal and external facing needs
What we look for
- 10+ years’ experience as a cloud architect delivering complex cloud migration or cloud native projects
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering/Computer Science or comparable field with business focus preferred or in Digital space with similar qualifications
- Ability to elicit requirements, underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet bold timelines with optimal solutions
- Experience with project delivery for large, cross functional projects involving partner teams inside and outside your organization
- Hands-on experience with public clouds such as Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills with security, authentication, and authorization in distributed systems and Cloud infrastructure
- Experience with Big Data management systems such as Hadoop or Spark
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in an energizing and fast-paced environment
- Experience working with industry leaders to understand current technology trends and relevancy
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability for program success
- Strong written skills and the ability to effectively communicate technical analyses and results to business management
- Experience with Industrial Controls systems is a plus