Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
A career at Equinix means you will collaborate on work that impacts the world and be surrounded by endless opportunities to learn new skills and grow in varied directions. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success.
This Director position leads a team of Interconnection Business Development leads focused on specific APAC country markets. The responsibilities of the team members are as follows:
Develop IC growth strategy for each metro
- Metro strategy development: documents a holistic IC growth plan for major metros
- Competitive intelligence: maintains deep insight into local competitive landscape to inform metro growth strategy
- Target identification: analyses & prioritises which customer deployments will have a ‘magnetic’ impact on the local IBX & IX customer ecosystem; and communicates target prioritization & rationale to internal teams
Promote peering at Equinix
- Act as ambassador for Equinix: builds & leverages a strong personal network within the local peering community
- Facilitates local events & comms: to engage the local peering community
Support sales to win targeted IC deployments
- Customer engagement support: initiates early contact with targeted IC customers (including subsea cable landings) & brings in right team to customer meetings. Hands pipeline opportunities to sales teams. Advises sales teams on the key purchasing criteria & appropriate interconnection ‘pitch’ to specific customers. Identifies opportunities to leverage channels to increase customer penetration. Updates Peering DB following closure of new IX logos.
- Technical value proposition development: advises Solution Architects & Product on the appropriate technical solution for target customers.
- Commercial value proposition development: advises Commercial Solutions & Commercial Finance on the appropriate commercial solution for target customers. Proposes commercial incentive programmes for key metro initiatives (e.g. seeding key network deployments in new IBXs)
Enhance in-country IC portfolio
- Recommends (to Product team) enhancements to local interconnection capabilities: by identifying gaps vs customer requirements & potential fixes
- Liaises with potential connectivity suppliers: to understand likely availability & pricing of local connectivity
- Inputs to IC Product business cases & lobbies for their approval: emphasizing likely customer demand for new capabilities & strategic importance of enhancements
- Influences network vendor choices (made by Network Engineering team) to add new network providers to local IC ecosystems
Support sales to attain IC growth targets
- Supports sales to deliver in-year IC targets: for IC revenue, IC volume & IX traffic
- Develops local initiatives to raise consumption of IC products across existing customer base (e.g. IC product training for local sales teams; explaining to customers the interconnectivity opportunities available to them; local marketing & promotions for specific IC products)
- Provides commentary on in-country IC growth progress into business reviews
The Director coaches and assists the individual country leads in the Interconnection Go To Market team to deliver on the above responsibilities. The Director also:
- sets and monitors objectives for the team
- identifies and implements opportunities for holistic regional/global customer engagement strategies
- closely collaborates with the Director, Interconnection Strategy & Regional Programs (advising on how regional programs can better support the goals of the Interconnection Go To Market team)
- acts as an ambassador for Equinix in the regional peering community
- keeps up-to-date with regional interconnection market trends & enhances Equinix’s industry thought leadership in this space.
Desired capabilities and attributes
The ideal candidate would demonstrate the following attributes:
- a strong track record of managing a sales or sales support team in the telecom/technology/datacentre space
- technical familiarity with networking technologies and Internet Exchange infrastructures
- a strong existing network within the APAC peering community, with an understanding of the different players involved and their respective motivations
- commercial nous to accurately judge what interventions will be most effective in growing Equinix’s interconnection customer ecosystems and revenue base
- excellent ability to build relationships: across the external industry community, with direct reports, and cross-functional teams spread regionally and globally
- a positive mindset in line with Equinix’s values (the Magic of Equinix).