Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company. Our platform enables enterprises, service providers and communications networks to interconnect together securely, at speed, and at scale. At the core of our offering is our portfolio of interconnection (IC) services, a range of technologies used to connect our ecosystem of customers across Equinix International Business Exchange (IBX) datacenters, cities, and continents. The portfolio includes the Equinix Internet Exchange, a foundational component of the global Internet infrastructure. The customer ecosystems we serve span every industry, but our interconnection density is particularly strong across network service providers, cloud & IT service providers, and digital content producers.
As the Go To Market Director for Interconnection services in APAC, you will be responsible for the continued growth of this business area. You will lead a team of Interconnection Business Development leads focused on specific APAC country markets. In these markets, the Interconnection Business Development team supports sales teams to deliver in-year targets for IC revenue, IC volumes, and Internet Exchange traffic. The team lays the foundation for long-term growth of interconnection on platform Equinix: by developing long-term IC strategies for each metro; by supporting sales to capture new customer deployments which have a ‘magnetic’ impact on the customer ecosystems in our IBX datacentres and Internet Exchanges; and by planning enhancements to our connectivity capabilities in each metro.
The successful candidate will be joining a rapidly growing market leader; have an opportunity to be a part of a visionary, historically significant company; and will work with some of the brightest minds in the industry.
This Director position leads a team of Interconnection Business Development leads focused on specific APAC country markets. The responsibilities of the team members are as follows:
Develop IC growth strategy for each metro
- Strategy development: documents a holistic IC growth plan for major metros
- Competitive intelligence: maintains deep insight into local competitive landscape
- Target identification: prioritises which customer deployments will have a ‘magnetic’ impact on the local customer ecosystem
Promote peering at Equinix
- Act as ambassador for Equinix: leverages a strong personal network within the local peering community
- Facilitates local events & comms: to engage the local peering community
Support sales to win targeted customers
- Customer engagement support: initiates early contact with targeted IC customers (including subsea cable landings) & advises sales teams on the appropriate interconnection ‘pitch’
- Value proposition development: advises on the appropriate technical & commercial solution for target customers
Enhance in-country IC portfolio
- Recommends enhancements to local IC capabilities: by identifying gaps vs customer requirements, & fixes
- Liaises with potential connectivity suppliers: to understand likely availability & pricing of local connectivity
- Inputs to IC Product business cases: emphasizing customer demand & strategic importance
Support sales to attain IC growth targets
- Supports sales to deliver in-year targets: for IC revenue, IC volume & IX traffic
- Develops local initiatives to raise consumption of IC products
- Provides commentary on in-country IC growth progress
The Director coaches the individual country leads in the team to deliver on the above responsibilities. The Director also:
- sets and monitors objectives for the team
- identifies opportunities for regional/global customer engagement strategies
- collaborates with the Director, Interconnection Strategy & Regional Programs, advising on how regional programs can better support the goals of the Interconnection Go To Market team
- acts as an ambassador for Equinix in the regional peering community
- enhances Equinix’s industry thought leadership in the interconnection space.
Desired capabilities and attributes
The ideal candidate would demonstrate the following attributes:
- a strong track record of managing a sales or sales support team in the telecom/technology/datacentre space
- technical familiarity with networking technologies and Internet Exchange infrastructures
- a strong existing network within the APAC peering community, with an understanding of the different players involved and their respective motivations
- commercial nous to accurately judge what interventions will be most effective in growing Equinix’s interconnection customer ecosystems and revenue base
- excellent ability to build relationships: across the external industry community, with direct reports, and cross-functional teams spread regionally and globally
- a positive mindset in line with Equinix’s values (the Magic of Equinix).