Who we are
Johnson Controls is the global leader for smart, healthy and sustainable buildings. At Johnson Controls, we’ve been making buildings smarter since 1885, and our capabilities, depth of innovation experience, and global reach have been growing ever since. Today, we offer the world’s largest portfolio of building products, technologies, software, and services; we put that portfolio to work to transform the environments where people live, work, learn and play.This is where Johnson Controls comes in, helping drive the outcomes that matter most. Through a full range of systems and digital solutions, we make your buildings smarter.
Sustainability is a top priority for our company. We committed to invest 75 percent of new product development R&D in climate-related innovation to develop sustainable products and services. We take sustainability seriously. Achieving net zero carbon emissions before 2040 is just one of our commitments to making the world a better place.
Please visit and follow Johnson Controls Pacific linkedin for recent exciting activities.
What you will do:
As Director Business Development you will be responsible for working with the Regional Sales Leadership team and Global Product Management alongside the dedicated BDM’s to identify large or strategic alliances and new business opportunities across multiple points of project life cycle, customer infrastructure and buying cycle. Together with your team you will develop strong consultative relationships with key consultants, end-users, OEMs, insurance companies and other specifiers in order to ensure that our products and/or systems are specified. You will be responsible for identifying and managing long-term growth opportunities, assessing current and future market opportunities, and implementing strategic business decisions for JCI. You will drive new product introductions in partnership with the regional sales teams.
Reporting into the Vice President Business Development you will be responsible to design the regional JCI business development (vertical) strategy, identify major projects across all segments, allocate relationship assignments, and implement enterprise wide solution sales maps to connect large deals across country segments and regions.
How you will do it:
- Drive strategic projects in close connection with the Regional Sales Directors.
- Create and maintain consultative client relationships and engage in retention selling to ensure long-term success and profitability
- Research and identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services - or new ways of reaching existing markets
- Think strategically - seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives for your team members in order to develop and improve the business.
- Develop a regular coaching rhythm with your direct reports.
- Be responsible for seeking synergy opportunities across the NBU’s, both in terms of processes, tools, systems, shared workforces, cross-selling and upselling, then for working toward business case justification and implementation.
- Have a good understanding of the businesses' products or services and be able to advise others about them
- Explore and build partner relationships and business alliances
- Raise marketplace awareness of JCI’s value proposition and capabilities
- Be responsible for setting the (vertical) strategy and implementing processes to improve revenue growth rates with major accounts. This includes establishing increased focus on strategic client management and working in conjunction with the Regional Sales Leadership.
- Participate in strategic planning processes with the Vice President Business Development, Global Product Management and Regional Sales Leadership
- Work closely with the Sales, Marketing, Product Management, R&D, Technical Services & Training and other functional groups to inform them of market conditions, pricing issues, competitive trends, and similar.
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world.
What we look for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or technical curriculum is preferable.
- 15 + years of management experience in business development or sales and experience in fire suppression / protection products.
- Excellent influencing and leadership skills – ability to quickly build reports, credibility and trust at senior level
- SLT experience with an ability to work through multiple layers of structure.
- Engineering acumen and strong technical and commercial confidence.
- Functional experience in areas of strategic planning and marketing, business and market development and market research is required.
- Proven experience in building and maintaining strong relationships with a diverse set of internal and external constituencies including senior level executives, legal, technical, finance, sales, product management and marketing experts
- Superior English communication skills both verbal and written
- Well-versed in MS Office including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Salesforce.com & SAP experience is highly desirable
- Travel up to 75% at times