Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our bodies and environment all depend on water, it is the building block that supports all life. Water issues are becoming increasingly prominent as we struggle with disparity between water availability and demands, water pollution, and competition for limited water resources. At Jacobs, we recognize these challenges and our engineers, scientists, and planners are working together with clients to find the right solutions to their water challenges.
With ongoing success of our Water Infrastructure design and consulting business, we are looking for a Design Manager to join our highly respected engineering team in Manila.
In this newly created role, you will bring technical expertise in the area of water strategy and design and assist with expanding the Jacobs Philippines water business and service key clients.
Your strategic thinking and communication skills will see you influencing project delivery outcomes, providing clear and effective technical leadership, and delivering successful projects.
As a senior member, you will have a key role in growing the water business in the region, managing bid processes, winning and delivering work, and taking a primary role in coaching, mentoring, and developing team members, including knowledge transfer.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Previous experience with leading and contributing to identifying, sourcing and winning of opportunities through strong relationships with clients, and leading and/ or writing proposals.
- Knowledge and experience with providing technical leadership and support to the delivery of water engineering designs and projects, including the development of innovative solutions to complex technical problem
- A passion for delivery of high-quality technical outputs and working collaboratively with other team members and the client to deliver excellent project outcomes.
- Current knowledge of local engineering methods, applicable codes and specifications associated with water & wastewater infrastructure projects
- Graduate degree qualified, or equivalent, in a field relevant to Water Engineering (Masters’ degree preferred)
- Good interpersonal skills who develops others and has the ability to build strong client relationships.
Candidates with Philippine's work rights need only apply.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.