At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Database Administrator will be responsible for supporting multiple SQL Servers for a significant public sector client. This technical role requires support of the products and their configuration in production and non-production environments. This role also requires interaction with the client providing level 2 and level 3 support services.
In addition to day-to-day operations the Database Administrator is responsible for liaising with various teams including Support, Infrastructure, Development and Reporting. Report development (SSRS) is required for both internal and external clients.
Complete capacity planning and preventative maintenance of the database servers to ensure stability of the application
Complete technical analysis and resolve production incidents and problems relating to the environment and software installation
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- At least 5 years’ experience in Microsoft SQL 2016 including Availability Groups, SSIS and SSRS
- At least 5 years’ experience in customer facing role
- Experience in Source Control tools such as Microsoft TFS (ideal) or RTC
- Experience with AWS including knowledge of EC2, EBS etc
- Windows administration experience preferred
- Experience with query writing and optimisation
- Qualification in relevant field highly regarded
In order to be considered for this role you must:
- Be an Australian citizen
- Been resident in Australia for the past 5 years (i.e., can’t have moved to Australia only 4 or 4.5 years ago)
- Not spent greater than 12 months cumulative out of Australia during the past 5 years
- Satisfy an AU Gov client Pre-Engagement Integrity Check
- Be eligible to obtain an AGSVA baseline security clearance or already have AGSVA baseline security clearance
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
As this role is based in Ballarat, Victoria relocation support will be considered for interstate applicants who are interested in moving to Ballarat to join our team.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.